This Car Is Amazing!!!!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot believe the improvement dodge made with the GenIV cars. I was one of the original Viper owners that was skeptical in calling it a new Gen but was I wrong. Today drove both cars back to back for a while (other is an '05 vert). Here are just a few differeces I've noticed immediately...more will follow with more seat time in the '09

1. '09 tranny, clutch HUGE difference..... shorter throws, lighter clutch (although with less play)

2. '09 tires..cannot even compare. Anyone still running run-flats..........DITCH THEM!!!!!

3. '09 much better over bumps...due to tires, not being a vert..never the less...much more compliant

4. '09----don't feel the hesitation much off idle....did they improve it that much over the '08...anyway this might change when I get on her after break-in.

5. '09 6-spoke wheels...look awesome

6. Biggest surprise is in the exhaust..think I like the '05 better. the '09 seems a bit subdude...more european than american muscle..also more drone than the '05 and the '05 is a vert...go figure...anyway this too could change when I open her up.

Just a brief comparison but one thing for sure..this is the best Viper ever. Anyone thinking of getting one my advice to you is definitely go out and do it. You will regret it if Fiat just lets the Viper fade away. Doesn't matter what color, whatever is available. And far as price .....worth it at msrp but if you can get a discount even better. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW I noticed when I changed my gears to 3.33s I got a bit more gurgle in the exhaust ... nothing like Belangers though.

Congrats - the Gen 4 is an unbelievable machine! God Bless America!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats guys!

I would love to own one, but I was finally able to get into my Gen III. Oh well something more to work for:)