This ? is for you daily (or whom drive theirs alot) Viper drivers...

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's actually one question I don't think about. I look at it this way... The more gas I put in the more I get to drive my car, so fill'r up!

- Lou

Thats a really good way to look at it. :D

Austin

Bitten1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New poster here, hope I have this figured out.

It's really not an issue IMHO, you have or are buying a V10, the Monroney sticker on my car does reflect a 'gas guzzler tax'!!

But to answer, I usually put 100-250miles/day on the car when I have it out, weather is great here in MI (this week) and usually top off when I leave and fill up midday or before I head home. It's all relative to the price of fuel, we're at $1.89/gal. near me, I don't even look at it, fill up and keep going.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting about 14MPG in the city and 23MPG on the freeway, with 3.55 gears. I had gotten 26MPG twice with the stock 3.07 gears on longer trips.
I drive the Viper almost every day, but not too many long daily drives (no big commute to slog through)so I average around 17MPG in mixed driving per tank.

I'm getting much better gas mileage than most of my neighbors with their SUVs. My next door neighbor has an H2 Hummer and just went up from 7MPG to 9MPG by adding a K&N filter and different intake. :eek: :D

-Dean.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7 mpg on an H2 :eek: ? That is so horrible! I know the H1's got bad gas mileage but, you would think they would make the new H2;s more fuel efficient :rolleyes: .

Austin

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7 mpg on an H2 :eek: ? That is so horrible! I know the H1's got bad gas mileage but, you would think they would make the new H2;s more fuel efficient :rolleyes: .

Austin
They **** the gas down quicker then the H1, a friend at college has one and he's lucky to break 10 mpg on the highway, usually about 7 mpg with "easy" city driving. He just had the new KMC "fake beadlock" rims and offroad tires installed. Pretty much what all H2 owners are getting for the most part with mileage, makes the Viper look like an economy car :p .

He filled up a bunch of times just to get to get back home to New Jersey from here in South Florida where our college is.

My other friend can drive his ACR Viper hard and still get better mileage then that H2 lol.

S

SUN RA KAT

I get anywhere from 9-15 MPG these days while frolicking in my Roe Supercharged Viper...and loving every minute of it.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay Austin,I have waited for a couple of days before I replied again to your subject of gas mileage ,or money spent weekly to operate a viper .My last post was something like Who cares??? Really!!! Ita a VIPER.
Well, I haven't changed my opinion on that. That's how I feel about this subject. So what? The purpose of any forum is an exchange of ideas and opinions.If you author a subject ,you take the chance that you will get negative feedback from some individuals,it's part of life. However,I would never call anyone a ****,as you did to me.Well,I will continue to participate ,and I will be helpfull when I can be,and if a subject of gas mileage in a viper ever comes up again, my response will be

WHO CARES??REALLY!!! ITS A VIPER

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay Austin,I have waited for a couple of days before I replied again to your subject of gas mileage ,or money spent weekly to operate a viper .My last post was something like Who cares??? Really!!! Ita a VIPER.
Well, I haven't changed my opinion on that. That's how I feel about this subject. So what? The purpose of any forum is an exchange of ideas and opinions.If you author a subject ,you take the chance that you will get negative feedback from some individuals,it's part of life. However,I would never call anyone a ****,as you did to me.Well,I will continue to participate ,and I will be helpfull when I can be,and if a subject of gas mileage in a viper ever comes up again, my response will be

WHO CARES??REALLY!!! ITS A VIPER

Well, I understand your point and your free to make ANY opinions that you may have noted. Im not sure if you had read the post I made in regards to what I had said about calling you a ****? Anyway, I had appologized and said that I was sorry. Im not here to be rude and or cause ANY trouble whatsoever. And to be quite honest, I agree 100% with your statement.

"WHO CARES?? REALLY!! ITS A VIPER! :D

I just thought I would ask a question and I do understand that if I author a post that Im subject to comments that I MAY NOT like but hey, thats life and EVERYONE has an opinion about something. :laugh:

Austin

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, sometimes I care. I really don't like the thinking that says "if you have to ask, you can't afford" because that's what leads us to $1500 exhaust systems and $250 smooth tubes.

yeah, we all have enough money for gas, and much more or else we wouldn't have a Viper, but there is nothing wrong with trying to figure out what your expenses might be.

I bought 95 gallons of race gas locally for $3.39 per gallon instead of paying $5.00 at the track. But WHO CARES it was going into a Viper!

(P.S. We have 3 Vipers....) :)

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, we all have enough money for gas, and much more or else we wouldn't havea Viper, but there is nothing wrong with trying to figure out what you expenses might be.

I agree 100% with Janni. I get about 22 mpg on the highway and 10 mpg in the city. I think that most will agree that calculating the MPG on a Viper has nothing to due with cost. Most if not all Viper owners are somewhat technical by nature and we calculate these things to compare mod's, temperatures etc...

I get 7 mpg on my racing snowmobile, and switched to full syn. and got 8 mpg. So I think people are calculating these things out of pleasure and interest and not $$$$. This is only my opinion though.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I calculated my gas mileage in my Mazda on trips from college to my dad's for information. Information like MPGs compared to weather, driving bahavior and driving conditions can tell you a bunch on how your car is running. In the winter, my car would get about 300 miles driving from Myrtle Beach to Roanoke. In spring, it would get about 350 miles. i had a 10.5 gallon tank, and usually my car was loaded with clothes, books, and my PC. So considering weight (3330 lb car empty), speed (ranging from 20-80 MPH), and terrain (hills galore in VA), I was getting an excellent MPG rating. Just to think I could probably go 400 miles at least if I stuck to 55 or whatever the speed limits were on the highways!

I did have to calculate my gas mileage with money at college because at times I was going down into the coins. I'd give my car a gallon of gas at a time sometimes because I had to save money so bad.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would think that $1500 exhaust and $250 smooth tubes would have a positive affect on the all important miles per gallon problem that all VIPER owners are stuck with. Personally, I did alot of comparison shopping before I purchased my 03. The Lambo Mur. only gets about 13 combined, and the Enzo is at 11. A no brainer there.I have actually hired a guy, and all he does is keep my cars waxed daily.I was told that it increases the all important M.P.G. number by .00001MPG,due to reduced air friction. Also, running the tires at 97psi reduces rubber drag,or so they say.Hope Ive been a help.

P.s. I still dont care about gas mileage in my VIPERS.

DOUBLE P.S. WHO CARES??? REALLY!! ITS A VIPER

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Austin, I'me getting exactly 16.6mpg right now, but the problem is that each tank is so radically differnent that is causes the average to sway with each log.

If you have Excel I can email you (or anyone else who is interested) over a detailed log of the last 4000 miles in my car. May give you an idea of what you're dealing with.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive approx.600 miles per month, and spend about $120 on gas.

SnakeDreamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers to the guys who have stepped in and proceeded to actually take part in the conversation...but the guys who are takin shots at Austin have some chillin' out to do! geeze! me and Austiin are in the same boat...we don't HAVE vipers....but we breath, sleep, dream, and LIVE for these cars! it's very hard knowing you have to wait what could be 5-10 years before actual ownership, and you guys on this board are the BEST THING in the world for us! we read your stories of daily occurenses, little problems and quirks that you've encountered, and oh GOD the pictures you guys post!!!!!

in a sentence.... You guys keep our dream, and our passion for the viper alive, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

so don't blame the guy for wanting to ask a few questions!!!

Tanner