This looks familar

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These antivirus applications are almost as bad as the actual virus anymore. I got infected with QuickDefragmenter and so far all the antivirus "free trial" software I've run tells me I have a gazillion problems and I have to purchase to clean the drive.

I use SuperAntiSpyware but this trojan got past it somehow. Anybody got software that can actually get rid of this phony QuickDefragmenter? None of the google searches have worked.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing this weekend on one of the home shopping networks.

There could be some licensing issues here, as this truly is TOOO close for comfort, as the logo shape and style is obviously taken from our VIPER logo.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing this weekend on one of the home shopping networks.

There could be some licensing issues here, as this truly is TOOO close for comfort, as the logo shape and style is obviously taken from our VIPER logo.

But who came first?

And no, that's Not what she said....... :D

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These antivirus applications are almost as bad as the actual virus anymore. I got infected with QuickDefragmenter and so far all the antivirus "free trial" software I've run tells me I have a gazillion problems and I have to purchase to clean the drive.

I use SuperAntiSpyware but this trojan got past it somehow. Anybody got software that can actually get rid of this phony QuickDefragmenter? None of the google searches have worked.

Chuck, I had the same thing, it downloads to your computer without you doing anything because you went to a malicious website. Only way I got rid of it was to reset the computer to a date before the infection(for me worked out a couple of days prior to getting infected). This virus would not let me access the "add/remove programs" button.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I had the same thing, it downloads to your computer without you doing anything because you went to a malicious website. Only way I got rid of it was to reset the computer to a date before the infection(for me worked out a couple of days prior to getting infected). This virus would not let me access the "add/remove programs" button.

You and Chuck going to bad websites. I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

Signed,
*** calling kettle black :lmao:

p.s.--I use Avast antivirus, but I did have a virus eat my AOL inbox about a month ago, so its def not 100% secure. Also, I have Spybot to get rid of spyware and I'm extremely happy with its results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave