This REALLY ****** me off

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW - if your clutch truly "stinks", rubber pieces in the rear tire well or anywhwere else on the car, is not a sign of someone driving your car who doesnt know how to drive a manual transmission, and especially in a viper.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the whole 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' scene with the "Ferrari" never sank in because I can't imagine someone being stupid enough to do that. My uncle and cousin have a Dodge dealership and I KNOW that crap would end someone's job quick, fast and in a hurry! If you have more money than you'll ever spend, rent a billboard and make a commercial. Buy land right across from the place that did it and put your billboard there. Call the local news station and Better Business Bureau. Have a someone else with a Viper take it there for similar problems and document the milage, fuel level, condition of the Viper and tire depth. Put the little hidden video cameras in it and also park by the dealership with another video camera and a few credible witnesses to see if it leaves the lot. Would a GPS give you some helpful info as well? Can't you check and see if there have been other complaints filed against them?

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the service guy write down my mileage with specific instructions not to joy ride in my car. So someones *** is gonna pay for it.

I'm going to scream loudly to every damn Huffines manager that I can about this, as far up the food chain as I need to go. I want to make damn sure this isn't compartmentalized.

You DEF should - whomever took your car out needs to be fired. Period.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a someone else with a Viper take it there for similar problems and document the milage, fuel level, condition of the Viper and tire depth.

Put the little hidden video cameras in it and also park by the dealership with another video camera and a few credible witnesses to see if it leaves the lot.

awesome idea. for this project i would help on the video system

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Expensive cars and especially expensive SPORTS cars are taken to off-site body shops on a FLAT BED, NEVER driven!!! So the body shop excuse is crap!!

I can cite 100 examples, such as the last instance when my dealer did not have the tyre installer that could do the Run Flats. I was there waiting for my car that was coming back in the flat-bed from TWO BLOCKS AWAY.

Again, I am not listing here all my car history but that is how it is done, always.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Expensive cars and especially expensive SPORTS cars are taken to off-site body shops on a FLAT BED, NEVER driven!!! So the body shop excuse is crap!!

I can cite 100 examples, such as the last instance when my dealer did not have the tyre installer that could do the Run Flats. I was there waiting for my car that was coming back in the flat-bed from TWO BLOCKS AWAY.

Again, I am not listing here all my car history but that is how it is done, always.
I think you are very fortunate that your dealer does this but I do not think this is the norm, not for a Dodge dealership anyhow. I think more damage can be done to a lowered Viper getting on and off a flatbed then just driving two blocks to get tires changed. Yes, I've had my GTS up on a flatbed and it was a *****, lowered with Eibachs.

jtupper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but doesn't the car's computer save data about the engine's rpm, speed, etc. periodically. Not quite sure about this, maybe someone else can verify.

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ohhh, this brings back bad memories. I bought a brand new '99 Dakota R/T and had to bring it in for a ding in the front bumper and a slight pull to the right. Truck had less than a hundred miles on it when I brought it in. It stayed overnight and I picked it up the next day. I told my buddy to help me check out the truck when we got there. As soon as we drove up, the service manager met us out there. I walked inside to get the paperwork done and forgot to look. I remembered about 5 miles down the road and stopped to check it out. The rear fender wells had burnt rubber from some punk doing burn outs in my new truck. Of course, now it's my word against theirs and I had no recourse beside chewing the service manager out which he denied, denied, denied. I let corporate know about the incident, but I'm sure they just rolled their eyes. :rolleyes:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems like a situation that would be hard to win. You almost need to catch someone driving your car or you would need a videocam of the inside/outside of your car for the entire visit to document the abuse. Other than that how do you convince the courts that the abuse was done at the dealership? Even if you discovered abuse when you picked up your car and notified the service manager, once you leave the lot then its a he said, she said. The service manager could say you left satisfied. Tough call. I would have many sleepless nights thinking of getting back at the dealership.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing from Jimster as I'm wondering what it took to sort this out? A refund of services charged and a grand for a nice weekend would not suit me.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers stand out. Use this to your advantage. Take out a newspaper ad and ask if anyone witnessed a Viper doing anything unusal in a 25 mile radius of the dealership on that day. Someone shows up in court to say "I saw two guys in a Viper (with big smiles on thier faces) doing a burnout at 3pm on blah blah", and you got 'em.

If anyone thinks you can't do MAJOR damage to a car in 50 miles....there are plenty of cases to prove them wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960