Those of you with kids....

germ79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all! I've been enjoying Viper's for quite some time and am thinking about moving in the direction of ownership sometime in the future.

The one thing that I keep wondering about is this:

I have two kids (soon to be 3 kids) and I want to be able to include them in my passion for cars. My two boys already like cars and would LOVE a Viper. I've been a little leary, however, of a two-seater because I can only take one kid with me at a time. How do you guys deal with that issue with your kids? I've had both 2 and 4-seater sports cars in the past, but it was before I had kids. I know I wouldn't regret buying a Viper, but I don't want to just enjoy it by myself!

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeremy

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a car seat in the front of my Gen1 all the time. No airbags is a benefit in this case. :) It's a great incentive for those who listen well and get chores done first. A ride to school in the Viper vs the bus goes over very well.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have one son. Sell a couple of yours to the gypsies and you'll be in good shape. ;)

Seriously though, kids of any number add complexity to the equation because no event that's Viper related can be a family event without a spouse who's willing to drive the 'support vehicle'. As ABA stated above, make the best of it with frequent trips to 'share the love'.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been great from my (now) 8 year old daughter and me. Great times together, just the 2 of us out cruising. Can't help you with more than 1 child though.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two girls 4 and 6 years old. Whenever my oldest hears I'm going someplace in the Viper she HAS to come along. Lately, my 4 year old has been showing increasing interest in the Viper. But, for the most part, they don't fight over it. If there's an event (like OCC yesterday) that the whole family wants to attend my wife drives them there. However, we were joking yesterday about needing another Viper for my wife and 4 yr old. :D It's a blast having them in the passenger seat. I consider my 6 year old an anti-speeding, keep Daddy (and daughter) safe device. :)

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for me it's teenaged grand kids:drive:I have them take turns:D one goes on 1 run, then it's the next ones turn. Very simple:2tu:

Just have them take turns

Big Brake Dave:drive:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have two boys - 8 and 10. if they fight over who goes for a ride first, we flip a coin.

"viper rides" is also a great tool for getting kids to do their chores and doing their best in school all week. ;)

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay! Okay! I have the perfect solution. Get the wife a motorcycle with a side-car. She then, can take two of the kids while you take the third. And, unless you have pets that tag along, that takes care of the whole family. There!! End of problem. Buy that Viper and good luck.......

V

Venomiss

The best part is you are including your kids and hopefully giving them a car passion for the future. Take turns and lots of small trips to get them to enjoy themselves.
Our problem is not riding anymore it's" Can I drive the Viper?"

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depending on how old they are, they used to make a conversion to turn the rear bulkhead in an RT into the back of a car seat, then the console into a third seat. A local guy here has it and takes his 2 daughters with him on drives in his yellow Gen. I.

Has anyone else seen this? His is the only I've seen, but I heard someone used to make them.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all! I've been enjoying Viper's for quite some time and am thinking about moving in the direction of ownership sometime in the future.

The one thing that I keep wondering about is this:

I have two kids (soon to be 3 kids) and I want to be able to include them in my passion for cars. My two boys already like cars and would LOVE a Viper. I've been a little leary, however, of a two-seater because I can only take one kid with me at a time. How do you guys deal with that issue with your kids? I've had both 2 and 4-seater sports cars in the past, but it was before I had kids. I know I wouldn't regret buying a Viper, but I don't want to just enjoy it by myself!

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeremy

I have two children as well (although one is only 3 months old). Every high peformance sports car out there has only 2 seats.... so heck, get it and go from there... you won't regret it. My son is almost 4, and I just know he will want me to pick him up from school in the GTS when he's old enough to ask!

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 nieces love the Viper, so I just make them take turns when I go out with them. One rides to the place, and the other home. I also institued the "eat a vegetable and you get to ride in the Viper" rule. Since one won't eat a vegetable to save her life, that stops a lot of the fights.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 5 children and 1 one the way :wow: "yea I know what your thinking" but I cann't keep the wife off me what can I say.

Anyway they all get to take turns riding in the Viper whenever I take it out. Sometimes that means one this weekend and then one next. There is an order to who gets the front seat in the suburban when we go places so thus there is an order to who gets to ride in the Viper. Now of corse the wife trumps all kids when wanting a ride. It's all good!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2-boys,Austin-12 and Parker-10. They are like most brothers they fight over it! LOL

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son is 3 , and he always tells me i want to take the viper to kings dominion daddy!!! he thinks the viper is awesome, and we plays viper all the time with model cars!!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first Viper right after my son turned 8, so he kind of grew up with Vipers, and the club. Now he's 19, and when we take both cars out, he drives one, and I drive one. I now have a grandson 6, and another grandson coming any day (my daughter was due yesterday), and getting ready to start all over. Nothing like it.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have kids-BUT whenever I have dated a guy with kids, the kid that wins the rock/paper/scissors rides with me in the Viper and the other has to go with their dad in my vette:lmao:

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have much to add that has not already been said. I have 4 kids, 3 girls and a boy. They all love the car and it is a treat and privilege to ride in it and it is a great way to spend some one on one time with the kids. The picture below says it all:

You must be registered for see images attach

Economy in these cars is measured in "Smiles per Gallon"

MEL

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well,
when my daughters were smaller, I put BOTH in the passenger seat....before anyone blasts me...I also added two additional lap belts to that seat. I fed the releases up through the center and added the two outboard latches.
This worked great until they grew up and did not want to squish together....now they take turns or we all just pile in the roadrunner..

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have two kids. They were 8 and 14 when I got my first viper. The only solution was to buy two! It worked. But now that my son is in college what do I do with the second one?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two kids. They were 8 and 14 when I got my first viper. The only solution was to buy two! It worked. But now that my son is in college what do I do with the second one?

You've got the cars taken care of...but I still recommend you keep both kids. :lmao::lmao:

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My kids love it, son 4 1/2 and daughter 6.

I was driving to my tuner the other day to get a part changed out and my 4 year old rides with me. He asks when he gets older if he gets to have the Viper. I, of course, say "hell no". So he asks "when you die does the blue car (what he calls it) die with you?" I say no it doesn't then I tell him okay, when I die you can have the car. He no kidding thinks for about a minute and then asks "so how long are you gonna live daddy?"

I made a deal with the devil! I gotta watch out now when I sleep so he doesn't take me out!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My kids love it, son 4 1/2 and daughter 6.

I was driving to my tuner the other day to get a part changed out and my 4 year old rides with me. He asks when he gets older if he gets to have the Viper. I, of course, say "hell no". So he asks "when you die does the blue car (what he calls it) die with you?" I say no it doesn't then I tell him okay, when I die you can have the car. He no kidding thinks for about a minute and then asks "so how long are you gonna live daddy?"

I made a deal with the devil! I gotta watch out now when I sleep so he doesn't take me out!

If you see him trying to sharpen his lincoln logs with his play-doh knife, you'll know what's up!

Too funny :lmao:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kids of parents are you guys? How about increasing the amount of chores to gain points for Viper rides? Much cheaper than increasing their allowance. It's a win-win for you! Exploit child labor AND get to drive your Viper! :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kids of parents are you guys? How about increasing the amount of chores to gain points for Viper rides? Much cheaper than increasing their allowance. It's a win-win for you! Exploit child labor AND get to drive your Viper! :D

You mean "what parents of kids"?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth