Those with aftermarket clutches, is pedal harder or easier to engage?

Dieselino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was considering purchasing a centerforce clutch but I dont want the pedal to be harder/firmer to engage. Anyone with an aftermarket clutch can elaborate on this?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't answer your question about centerforce, but note that any *new* clutch is easier to disengage / less pressure on the foot, which is counterintuitive to most people. If you've just got a lot of miles on your clutch, just replacing it with a stock clutch will lessen the amount of force require to press the pedal.

I replaced the clutch in my old gen 1 at around 65k miles because it was getting more and more stiff (and I was having an unrelated sciatica problem with my left leg - although driving in stop-and-go rush hour traffic every day wasn't helping any), and the new stock replacement did noticably lessen the force, as hoped.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the centerforce upgrade a few months ago. Its easier than my stock 96 clutch was. Don't forget the light weight flywheel while your in there or the short shifter. It's only money. :2tu:

Robert

OP
OP
D

Dieselino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the centerforce upgrade a few months ago. Its easier than my stock 96 clutch was. Don't forget the light weight flywheel while your in there or the short shifter. It's only money. :2tu:

Robert

I definately plan to upgrade the flywheel. Drove my friends GTS with the fidanza and LOVED it. Would you recommend the centerforce or is it pretty similar to stock? Did you change the slave while you were in there?

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an aluminum flywheel and a Spec stage 5 clutch. The pedal feels almost like stock. The clutch is a bit grabbier, (yes, that's a new word I just made up) than stock, but it's fine even in traffic.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definately plan to upgrade the flywheel. Drove my friends GTS with the fidanza and LOVED it. Would you recommend the centerforce or is it pretty similar to stock? Did you change the slave while you were in there?

PM sent.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the Roe linkage kit, it makes the throw shorter and aligns the clutch with the brake. The Centerforce clutch is a great mod, it feels like stock, but, grabs great, even wih slicks. I have used the Spec 3i and most recently the Centerforce, it is a far better choice than the oem clutch even on a stock car.

If you want to drag race you may want to stay with the stock flywheel. If you primarily road race, the lighter flywheel is a good choice. With the lumpy cam 96-99, the lighter flywheel also creates some issues in first gear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine