Throttle Body options for a Gen 3

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have searched and read about this mod and seems some mixed reviews. What do you guys with Gen 3s think about changing your throttle body. What ones have you had success with.

I have basic bolt ons: K&N, Headers and Catless Exhaust with SCT Pro Race Package Tune

If you are only picking up 10hp on a approx 500 rwhp car .... i know no matter what you think you can not feel that... IMO....
is this $600.00 or more by the time you add part and labor really worth it?:dunno:

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried a few different TB's on GenIII engines ... What they all seem to improve is throttle response. The worst one was from a board sponsor and the best was also the best bang for the buck from The Fastman [ thefastman.com ] ... The latest gen BBK is very good and if you search you can find them for less $$$ .. I'd still go with The Fastman TB. Dan is a good guy and will treat you right. The workmanship is second to none.

As for installing it, it's a 0.5 on a 1 - 10 difficulty scale and would take even the most novice DIY'r only a few minutes to accomplish. If you already have a CAI then you did half of what you needed to do to change the TB on a GenIII.

--FQB

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run the X metal and love it. Took no time to install and the idle hang some observed has completely gone away with a few miles and a PCM reset.

Andy Wheeler

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for installing it, it's a 0.5 on a 1 - 10 difficulty scale
I was going to say, if you can change a light bulb you can change the TB. But maybe this quote is a little more accurate. :)

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will my tuner need to get in to the tune and do some adjustments?

Not at all. But you may want to help the PCM sync to it as you will be moving the TPS from one to the other TB. With the car off, turn the ignition on and don't start it. Depress within 10 seconds the gas pedal 3 times to the floor and release, slowly. Turn ignition off. Done.

--FQB