Throttle Position

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Let me give you a few tips. With the software, you can see what the PCM is reading. In your cases (as with most all Vipers) the throttle range shows less that what you'd expect. In one regard, this is ok, as the PCM "learns" what the throttle range is and calls your lowest number 0% and highest 100% on its maps. This is a reason why it's important to do some short full throttle bursts on the way to the dyno.

What you can do, and use the software for, is broaden that actual measured range. My car had about the same # as yours. With some minor tweaking of the gas pedal stop and the throttle position sensor screws (not adjustable, but not an exact fit), I was able to get mine to show a range of 13% at idle and 86% at full throttle. This can benefit driveability and throttle response by giving the PCM a slightly higher resolution / finer signal with which it can use to more appropriately set timing and fuel maps. It's not a dramatic difference, but it all adds up.

OP
OP
B

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Sean.....I did play with mine after you sent the software and I got an additional 7% out of mine....no clue how much of a difference it made....but I believe that MORE is BETTER in this case....thanks for all the help in the past and all the great products to date.....my Xenon's just ROCK!!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not that this has anything to do with this throttle position thread, but not every manufacturer tells you you have to extend the wires yourself. The Borla headers come with the proper type of extensions with male and female ends so the plug right in. I don't know of anyone who has had check engine light problems with these.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4