Thunderhill was fun & un-nerving

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An very wild and NICE track indeed;

Spent much of the day Saturday just learning those blind trust hills with corners (2 of them off camber). If a cornerworker would have just twitched I probably would have reacted to it.. Did have a couple kinda' close calls due to other drivers watching the Viper closing in on them and reacting to it with mistakes..

I found the most challenging corner to be the Cyclone (5) of coarse and the most fun corner to be turn 9 I just loved how the cars seemed to drop away and turn while passing out of view.. Didn't even know about the porta-***** until my 2nd session, probably should have taken an instructor in addition to my walk around..

Made it through the weekend without incident which was my foremost goal since my trusty snake was going to take me 700m back home too.. I'll let you know up front I was only able to turn 2:15s consistently with a 2:13 being my best time of the weekend before developing overheating problems..
((But i'm ok with that as I was forcing myself to play it cool))

Anybody got a good fix for the heat problems?? I was running the
heater/defroster on high and had the A/C clutch relay out so I could run the fan on high when not on the track, burped the system but that **** would jump up to 250 and start cutting out in about 3-4 laps..