Time for a little VOI drag racing SMACK?

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not very good at this sort of thing..... maybe I should have enlisted Serious Eric or Bigs from my Zone to help me....... but I’ll try to muddle through on my own.

Registration for the VCA drag races at VOI is almost full........ for the Stock, Mod I, and Mod II classes. Unlimited class already has the largest and fastest field of 9 second Vipers ever put together at one time........ and even a lot more are verbally committed. But, then, we have the Bracket and Exhibition class.......... with only a handful entered so far.
frown.gif

Here’s the thing. We made up that class ESPECIALLY to attract some of you road course racer guys, or anyone else whose “upgrades” might put them at a disadvantage for more strict class rules. This was to be the class where you could bring your “track car”, maybe loaded down with aero equipment, hefty coolers and other durability equipment, suspension not compatible with drag racing, different alignments, etc. No matter what you run, THIS class is the great equalizer. You run the tree and your own dial-in times so that EVERYONE has an equal chance. It’s all driver baby! Ummm....... does this SCARE you road racers????
smile.gif

Yea, a couple of you have ALREADY given me a good laugh..... and you know who you are! Your whiny little excuses about being afraid to break you car before VOI and Viper Days on Monday is absolute PROOF that you have NO CLUE about running fast in a straight line! Here’s a little tip for you....... you’re supposed to SLIP the clutch off the line instead of just dropping the hammer with your fancy nomex boots, and doing your best to break a half-shaft or u-joint. Next, just forget that “parts breaking”/ “wheel hopping” power shift to second. It takes a little skill and finesse for the first to second shift, to avoid bone-jarring hop and launching the cigarette lighter out of its socket! Drive that car of yours WELL, and you should not even break a fingernail! Of course, this is all not to mention the fact that REAL “all around” drivers don’t brag about and admire their fast runs........ listing something like a full ONE second reaction time!!!!!!!....... no matter HOW fast it is. There!!!!....... I’ve given you all the secrets!

So....... since we need a bunch more cars to fill out the Bracket class....... basically I have no choice but to “call out” some of you road racers!! Starting with..... my pal, Tom Glenn. Last time I checked, Tom was leading the world in Viper Days “Unlimited “ division. Last year he swept Super Stock. Tom, I KNOW you are able to put your foot on a brake pedal and steer your car around some cute little corners........ (yawn)....... but can you really drive that thing in a straight line? Under pressure? Can you actually manipulate your hands, feet, eyes, and brain all at the SAME time for a .500 to .600 reaction time........ or should we just plant you into retirement right there on the starting line, instead of somewhere in Florida?????

Yea..... I’m picking on Tom, but the REST of you know who my finger is pointing at......... just a big bunch of one-dimensional drivers!!
wink.gif
Tom........ I’m calling you out for a “match race” at “high noon” on the 25th in the Bracket class, before elimination rounds start. Any of you OTHER slick road racers can try to have a piece of me too..... we should meet somewhere along the way in later rounds. Just like at the road course, in Bracket it’s more the driver than the mods, so let’s see what ya got!!! Man to man! Heck, I should be EASY to beat for a really GOOD all-around driver!

So, I guess I’m kinda curious how some of the rest of you drag guys feel about this? Think I’m being too tough on those prissy road racers? Have I gone too far? Or, not far enough? You think any of these RR guys have the ________ to come show us their skills, or are they ___________? (Your choice to fill in the blanks!)
smile.gif
Lay it on me!

Tom Glenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa Wing Queen!! Where did this come from. I would have responded sooner but I dosed off half way through the dissertation. Where does the the King of brakes get off dissing anyone about slowing down? Why should I show up just to pound your airfoil into the track? Since I never race for fun how about a bet? Loser will donate $100 to the favorite charity of the winner, and the loser (initials WK) will expound to all within earshot about the driving prowess of winner.
Your Friend,
Tom

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing roadracers, they'll spend less time bragging about their ET and more time talking smack about "how fast I got stopped from 110 MPH" or "what's the best line through the corner onto the return road"
wink.gif

OP
OP
W

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I’m here....... FINALLY! My DSL line went down not too long after I posted (definitely looks like road racer sabotage to me!), and it’s STILL down. I’ve rigged up an old 56k modem in the meantime, to pick up a ton of email and get back here to the board. I’ll tell ya, I’m certainly spoiled by DSL. Getting back on here tonight with a regular dial-up connection is so S....L....O.....W..... it’s driving me nuts. In fact, it’s so slow it kinda reminds me of some road racing guy trying to get off the starting line and find his way down to the end of a 1/4 mile drag strip!!! (Memo to self....... at VOI drag driver’s meeting be sure to remind Tom Glenn that cones on the strip are NOT supposed to be run over!)

So.... Tom....... hitting me while I was “down” I see! Figures. “Wing Queen”??????? Well, I’m back now, and ALL OVER your little wager! As ref “Mills” would say.......”let’s get it ON!”
smile.gif
(Gonna be like takin candy from a baby!) Are you going to bring one of those “Rent-a Racers” over from the Viper Days circuit? Better change the fancy decals on the side of the doors to “Arrive and Cry”!!!!!!
smile.gif

However, I guess I DO have to give you SOME credit for at least having the courage to show up for the drag event and your coming humiliation. Do you know if any of those OTHER _________ are going to join you? Come on......... I promise none of us will laugh at you...... well, maybe a FEW snickers when your reaction times exceed your 60' times!
smile.gif

So, I guess since Tom says I’m “Wing Queen” now...... that allows me to say to him and any of those OTHER __________ road racers......... hope to see you there........... “ladies”!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wing King:
I’m not very good at this sort of thing...but I’ll try to muddle through on my own.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Extremely well done!! I am quite impressed...didn't know you had it in you
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Drive that car of yours WELL, and you should not even break a fingernail!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hahahaha! aalthough that is sometimes a true concern of mine
supergrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I KNOW you are able to put your foot on a brake pedal and steer your car around some cute little corners........ (yawn)....... but can you really drive that thing in a straight line? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now that is classic!!
Excellent job!!

Tom Glenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, Pleaseeeee! I am the first to admit I have no (zero) drag racing experience. But how hard can it be. I mean at every road race event I've blown away your trap speed just exiting the grid. And as to 60' times you obviously have not seen me trying to avoid getting a Woodchuck from Courtney. If you can leave the tree with the same speed you reach for a beer I will concede reaction times. Yes I will be using one of our Vaunted Arrive & KickAss cars. I will have both cars available just in case yours has an excuse. Since we have this little tete-a-tete lined up I am sure we can line up our second phase of competition for Monday and Tuesday at Viper Days! Lets find out if you know what all three petals and that round thing you put your hands on are for.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1TONY1:
wussies.......I at least expected a slam from Chuck!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So this drag racin' stuff, you just point the car straight and push down on that gas pedal thingy right?

OP
OP
W

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, Tom, sorry I didn't know you had ZERO experience at drag racing. In that case, I guess I DO applaud your decision to come turn yourself into the "complete" all-around racer. Heck, me and some of the other guys will take you under our "Wing", for some coaching, and even point you the right direction down the track!
wink.gif

Three "petals"??? Ummm, I think a 3-leaf clover has three of those. As for knowing what "the round thing you put your hands on" is for........ ah...... well....... er, yes, I do have two kids!
blush.gif
But, Tom, this is supposed to be a PG rated forum here so, sorry, I'm NOT about to give you ANY details.
nono.gif

If you mean the "steering wheel", then yes, I know what to do with that too. It's used to drive a Viper to a drag strip, as well as a road course. Both pursuits are something REAL men do!! You'll soon enjoy that elite status!!!
cool.gif

Glad you're bringing an extra car though. Everyone should have a spare! Too bad Nadine, "burnout Queen of the Viper Nation", can't make it over from England in time for the drags. She would have been perfect to drive that other one!

Ok, I'm done pickin on ya. I got what I wanted and flushed you out of those road course weeds to come join me. Gotta go after someone else now. Hmmm, who should it be?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, Since you were kind enough to acknowledge me in your first post I thought it only fitting that I make a contribution....
smile.gif
In addition, you have done such a great job as region pres and now zone director that you deserve all the support we can muster.

You did a great job stoking the fire although aimed primarily at one individual, and not a carpet-bombing of all the non-drag w*ssies out there. However, McGuire's catch of the aero equipment faux-pax was classic........ Live by the sword, die by the sword Big Boy!!!
laugh.gif

The only thing I might add is that the lack of response by road racers and non-draggers in the other zones can only be construed as a defacto affirmation of our zone's superiority in the straight line. I also think we've got plenty of big cojone-ed 1/4 milers that have the skills and courage to dominate in the Viperdays event as well, they have just never bothered....
tongue.gif

Maybe a zone sweep in all events is likely, including wins in the best-looking owners, most beautiful babes, coolest Viper and best polished and maintained classes and of course, the most intelligent and hardest partiers categories.
smile.gif

<FONT size="-2">(sorry I had to bail out, but I'm sure the sweep is a certainty even in my absence)</FONT s>

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigsViper:
most beautiful babes,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So who's bringing the F1 babes?

OP
OP
W

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deano!!! How nice to hear from you! And, just when I was looking for my next victim to pick on! Thanks! Perfect timing!
laugh.gif

The "babes"???? See, if you were really interested in becoming the COMPLETE Viper driver, you would have turned out LAST year for the Drag Championships held near San Antonio, VERY close to your home base. You would know about Prashant's "all attractive female" event staff. But, no, you couldn't be bothered to even show up and look at that beautiful scenery, let alone compete. Jeff Ellison and I had to uphold the honor of the road racing cars and drivers on our own! Even at the party in downtown San Antonio on Saturday night, Jeff and I had to share our table with TWO of those hot, beautiful, young ladies, without YOUR help!
nono.gif
Slacker!

So....... are you going to VOI?...... or gonna wimp out? Let me know if you are, so I can beat up on you some more for not drag racing!
wink.gif