Tips for paxton pulley change?

Mika

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to change different pulley to my paxton. I haven't started it yet, now I would like to have some good tips for that. Torque etc.

Thanks in advice Mika

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should beef up the internals on the engine before changing the pulley. Forged rods and pistons would be a must. Swinging oil pickup also a good idea. You would also need to check the A/F on a dyno but realize that the A/F reading on a dyno may show richer than when on the street or track. Under higher boost the engine is very sensitive to detonation caused by too lean an A/F ratio. Detonation will literally blow your engine apart.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you currently using to tune with and by whom. VEC, split second, AEM, SCT?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the pulley you want to use.

You will need.

1)Different fuel/ignition management the paxton setup is crap even for base boost.
2)Water pump pulley(to clear the belt)
3)Key the crank, or your crank pulley will spin on the crank.

Tell us what year and everything about your car.

OP
OP
M

Mika

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I have -94 car.
I have already eagle rods, cp pistons, 708 cam, ATI whit key, full ported heads, RR, belanger headers + home made exhaust pipes, 1000cc injectors, fuel rails, fuel lines, autronic ignition management etc...

So how I change the pulley itself?
I would like to have some good tips for that. Torque etc.

Mika

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a pulley, and depending on how much boost you are going to run you might need a water pump pulley as well.

How small of a pulley are you looking for? How much boost do you want to run?

Far as torque goes just use whatever paxton recommend by your instruction manual. You should only have to change the pulley on the paxton unit.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
45-50 ft/lbs on the pulley bolt. Don't damage the SC housing. pry gently. I have been known to use box-wrenches and just slowly pry up. Putting the new one on be careful not to bust the seal (ie: don't use a hammer).

good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine