tire question

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to replace one rear run flat tire, the other rear tire has about 40% tread. My question is that I have a tire in my garage that has 60% tread left - is it all right to run with that sort of tread difference or should I just buy new rear tires?

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd get rid of the run flats altogether and buy four new tires if you can, otherwise replace both rear run flats with new run flats.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe for the time being but I would seriously consider changing out the run flats all together as mentioned by Fast Too. Especially since you will need some tires since you are working with 40% tread.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the advantage of replacing stock run-flats with non run-flats besides better traction and wear? What happens to an expensive stock wheel if a non run-flat goes flat while driving?

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the advantage of replacing stock run-flats with non run-flats besides better traction and wear? What happens to an expensive stock wheel if a non run-flat goes flat while driving?

Thats the compromise you make for the better ride, keep an eye on your tires and watch out for what you run over.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Do you have a good parking lot nearby and a video camera to tape a video of you burning up your old tires? :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

Would seem to be an easy question for me - replace with PS2's!

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a good parking lot nearby and a video camera to tape a video of you burning up your old tires? :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

Would seem to be an easy question for me - replace with PS2's!

Spoke to Jon B today and I will be getting the PS2'S....and yes we do have a good parking lot and a video camera ready for the big day!:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456