Tires for Gen 3

Larry1377

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Looking for new tires on Gen 3 with 10 spoke wheels. Settling in on Kumho front and back.

ECSTA V730 - SIZE: 275/35R18​

ECSTA V720 ACR - SIZE: P355/30ZR19​

What do any of you think? Would like to have V720 on front also, but they don't come in 18" wheel size. Plan to use them for autocross and occasional drag race. Drive about 500 miles per year.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Kumho? I just ordered some Michelin Cup 2 Connect tires.
Not sure if you are aware so this is just a PSA and disregard if you already know. The Cup 2 is an awesome tire, no doubt about that! But it only comes with 4-5/16” of tread, Super Sports come with 9/16”. Cup 2’s are more of a racing tire. They cost more too. But they won’t last more than a few thousand miles, which is probably fine with a lot of Viper owners that don’t drive the cars much.

OP
OP
L

Larry1377

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Why Kumho? I just ordered some Michelin Cup 2 Connect tires.
I was considering the Kumho's since they were used on 2016 Viper ACR's and had really good reviews. Doesn't hurt that the prices on the tires are lower than most other brands and they are a streetable racing tire for use on track days and autocross without having to have a separate set of racing tires. Was wondering if owners of these tires are satisfied.