Titanium Key Blank? And New Tires!

bjammmin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my new-to-me '01 ACR only came with one key. I picked-up a second from eBay that came in original Chrysler packaging (shown in the picture) only to find out that (I think) it's titanium and no one can cut it! I had a spare key cut out of brass, just so I have an emergency copy temporarily. I searched through a bunch of key blank threads on here, but no one seems to mention the titanium metal. Even the local Dodge dealership doesn't have a diamond cutter. It's non-ferrous, but can anyone confirm it's titanium? Any tips on where to go to get it cut? Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, I wanted to thank JonB for a great deal on the below tires. Can't wait to get rid of the 10-year-old Pilot Sports (original set!) and put on the PS2s!

You must be registered for see images attach

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the same key as well off ebay and had it cut at a local place no problem, mine is not titanium, if it is made by Stratec which I'm positive it is, I don't think it is titanium, just a regular key that they charged crazy money for as a "viper tax", but I had to have one lol.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't had a key cut in eons, so I was amazed when I had my GenII Viper key duplicated at Wal Mart. It's all automated: computer reads (images) the key profile and cuts to that image. Minimal operator inovlvement and the key worked perfectly.

OP
OP
B

bjammmin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips everyone. Got it cut at Home Depot today. Guess the material must be aluminum then? Cheers!

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^^ Yes, they come in red/blue/black, you get them on ebay anywhere from 20-60 depending on how bad you want one.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked-up a second from eBay that came in original Chrysler packaging (shown in the picture) only to find out that (I think) it's titanium and no one can cut it!

Guess the material must be aluminum then? Cheers!

How do you go from Titanium to Aluminum??? Are these just random guesses:dunno:

I thought most keys were made of brass

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been purchasing all of them, I have around 40-45 of them. They are now selling for 45-75 dollars lately.

I'm thinking that you misunderstood what the teacher meant in finance class when he said, "if you want to retire early, the right investment is the key."

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking that you misunderstood what the teacher meant in finance class when he said, "if you want to retire early, the right investment is the key."

I have been buying and selling the keys for a while now, just having some fun and making a few coins doing it.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMFAO you thought your key was titanium? Are you smoking crack? That key would run about 300 bucks. Where did you get this silly idea? Please tell me because this is the silliest post I have ever seen on a car forum...EVER!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth