TNT King Snake Intake

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone out there using the TNT intake? Anyone hear anything about it? I would be interested in Dyno numbers if anyone has them.

Thanks!

Regards,

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the recent APEX Dyno Day/Parts Showcase we dyno'd a number of cars, including 2 Caldwell built engines. One was utilizing the carbon fiber 10 T-body design as well as MOTEC, built bottom end....the works!!!
The car made great power above 5200rpms. Below that, there was a noticable/significant drop in power at many points. Unless you plan on reving to 7-8k RPM or so, you would probbly be better of with the stock intake.

We will be testing another design we are working on that flows much better than stock, but, hopefully, should not lose that much low end.

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I would have bet you would respond to my post. Furthermore, I also would have bet that you were not far behind in intake development. Now, put me down on the short list for that Intake.

Consider me your first sale!

Regards,

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What everyone needs to understand about intakes is that you don't just throw some crap together and get a guaranteed power increase. There is actually a good bit of science/math behind the intake building process.

The majority of which involves pulse tuning...which applies to both intake and exhaust manifolding. Pulse tuning revolves around operational rpm and runner length/taper. I would wager that many of those that have tried to build intakes had no clue about the importance of these elements...which is truly unfortunate for the consumer. Just because it looks good doesn't mean it will be functional.

I will say that the piece that we are working on/with that John mentioned should be very functional and aesthetically pleasing as well. Hopefully JPH will get those pics up soon.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too would like to see HMS intake pics. What is the expected application for this? All out race engine, mildly modified street, or stock engine? Thanks.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle's right. Plenum volume is not the whole deal. It serves largely to cushion the reversion waves at the inlet of the runners and make the directional transition for airflow less abrupt.

Runner length and cross section is probably more important. Unless you have variable-length runners adjusted by an ECU-driven stepper motor (Honda ran this on their F1 V12s) and/or variable valve timing, there is no way to maintain torque across the engine operating range. What you gain in some speed ranges is lost at others.

The DC/Caldwell GTS-R piece was specifically developed for sports car racing and carefully tuned for an optimum balance of torque and throttle response when racing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456