TO ALL THE CRAZY TUNERS

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Chad and Heffner on destroying the six speed record, some people said TURBO'S just couldn't cut it however some of the crazy tuners persisted. In just one year Turbo cars hold mph, et, and horsepower records for the vipers. Hennnesssey, SVS, RSI and THE BIG HEFFNER have pushed the envelope to where NOS and Superchargers are going to have trouble keeping up. Now i said this would happen but Moundir and others kept making all kind of stupid remarks because they just had no experince with Turbo cars. The viper community is in for a real threat as the cars become faster and faster and prices drop. CHAD AND HEFFNER EQUAL WINNER, Jason keep moving the bar because the other tuners are on your butt. It's good to see Dr Roof saw the light and i know he will not rest till he wins again. Again congrats and continued success.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody who ever had a real clue doubted at any point that TT cars would rule. It does not matter what you do with nitrous or the biggest of the blowers - turbos can be built to make more power. It then becomes a challenge to use it.

The only reason you do not see turbos in Top Fuel is that they cannot get any more fuel into those heads as it is... if they beat that problem, the blowers are maxxed out and turbos will enter even that stage... hp/cubic inch belongs to turbo.... try spinning a 1500cc engine to 1500hp on a blower! :smirk:

The nitrous cars have their place - formidable power for the least cost

Blower cars have their place - formidable but more progressive power than nitrous - for modest cost. They also offer a more hotrod feel because they typically run headers and so sound meaner.

Someone could build a ProCharger Viper to run with the TT cars for a little while - but only until the Turbo cars step up again, they'll never win this war. Especially not with people like Chad, Jason Heffner and Paolo around.

OP
OP
R

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemonster did you see the timeslip 124 at the 1/8 and 166.76 mph at the 1/4. Chads car ran 42.38 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 that is just stupid fast, without a doubt it is just one fast car. With just a tranny "AUTO" change he should run 8.50's at the same boost level.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry thanks for this chance to correct you. I know it does not come along often, so I better enjoy while I can. :D

The only reason you do not see turbos in Top Fuel is that they cannot get any more fuel into those heads as it is...

Wrong
The problem is not that they can't, the sure as hell can, the problem is that the NHRA will not allow this because the cars are faster than they really want them to be now as far as from a safety point. The do have limits on pump size and number of them.

if they beat that problem, the blowers are maxxed out...

Wrong again buddy. After Darrell Russell lost his life this past season, and the NHRA reduced the percent of Nitro allowed to be used down to 85%, one thing the tuners did was increase the percentage the blowers were overdriven. Some as high as 50 over. :eek:

Ok I'm done ;)

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing.....If it is not very loud.....it will not fly in NHRA. If they let them run the gear they want and the 100% nitro load......well they out run the tire now. GB3

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerome - dang - I should have known that my 10 year old info wouldn't stay current forever... :p

Speaking of blowers - those PSI's are cool

On alky we used to run the PSI blower up to over 50lb boost all the time, we sometimes saw 60lb boost at 125% overdrive (PSI is much more efficient than the roots type at higher overdrives) - but never got a good run at 60psi. Then they limited the overdrive down to 100%.

Car since ran 6.6 at 212mph on around 54psi... Mark (car owner) knows Turbos would go even faster, but the cost would be out of his reach - whole new learning curve.

we did some crazy stuff - running 12.7:1 on 0.045" quench with alloy rods - spinning it to 9500rpm and making 60lb boost.... pop

oh yeah...

it touched.. :D (but not hard)

it later torched too :2tu: hahaha.... we learned like everyone else - the hard way... it could be very quick but was very temperamental and inconsistent

so went faster when we dropped compression to 11.8.. that plus going to Redline Oil meant full season no wear, no breakages - not even valve springs.

how's 177mph at half track in a 2800lb car on a modest 1.2 60 footer?

Nothing wrong with a good blower :2tu:

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt, HEFFNER is the KING of Viper tuning. He seems to be a guy that get's results AND he's trusted by the Viper community. Great job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4