To the body shop for my visual mods...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, off to the body shop today to have the following done:
- Paint dash bezels GTS Blue
- Paint and install Hennessey spoiler to match car (Silver)
- Paint lower rear fascia Matte Black
- Install driver's side single stripe in GTS Blue

When I get it home I will finish things by painting the brake calipers and putting on the body emblems both in GTS Blue of course.

Hopefully it will all be done in a couple weeks. I take some pics and post as there are some of you out there who helped with the color and stripe decision.

By the way, I had my seats modified to fit better... Well, the guy went too far the other way--put too much extra foam and now they bulge outward in my middle back--so part two will come on the seats once I get it home. He said he would try again... He got the lumbar area right, but put too much extra foam above the lumbar region which is very uncomfortable. I did not expect it to be perfect the first try... he did! :lmao:

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds pretty sweet! Great color choice. I assume the driver's side stripe is going to be similar to the ACR stripe??

Also with the seat, do you think it would break in over time above the lumbar?..... food for thought, but then again if you don't drive the car a lot it would take a long time. And I guess if you do drive the car a lot, and it doesn't break in that would be a lot of painful miles.

Ahhhh anyways sounds cool, post pics ASAP!!! Also why not have the guy painting the car do the calipers?? I had mine done, put new "Viper" stickers on, then cleared over the decals for a permenent final product.

-Tim

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds pretty sweet! Great color choice. I assume the driver's side stripe is going to be similar to the ACR stripe??

Also with the seat, do you think it would break in over time above the lumbar?..... food for thought, but then again if you don't drive the car a lot it would take a long time. And I guess if you do drive the car a lot, and it doesn't break in that would be a lot of painful miles.

Ahhhh anyways sounds cool, post pics ASAP!!! Also why not have the guy painting the car do the calipers?? I had mine done, put new "Viper" stickers on, then cleared over the decals for a permenent final product.

-Tim

Yes, ACR type stripe. The shop wanted $375 to do the calipers. I bought custom paint in GTS Blue from G2 for $100 and got some decals. DIY project. The paint is supposed to be self-leveling and I think it is worth a shot to save $275. We will see... With the stock wheels (and I like them) the calipers do not show all that much anyway so it does not have to be perfection--just close enough... Thanks for the comments. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62