Today on the way to the gym...

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One guy walking past my car at the Greer dragway saw me putting the top up on my SRT-10. He commented to his GF 'It doesn't EVEN come with a power top'. Idiot. Guy at a gas station rides up on a bicycle smelling like mad dog 20-20. Asks me for a ride. Based on my response (ignoring him) he said 'why you wanna be like that?' I said "you smell". He jumped off his bike and started at me. I aimed the gas nozzle at him with one hand and pulled a lighter out of my pocket. He rode home. Of course I wouldn't have really done that, just a good poker player I guess.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is almost the opposite of the one where people still ogle at our cars.

Here in Detroit I don't get a lot of dumb questions about Vipers. Most everyone are very knowledgeable and only have very insightful things to say.

Eventhough we don't get a lot of oglers here it's kinda nice not to have to put up with any of these rediculous questions.

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last summer I let my brother and his wife take my car for the day, being the cautious guy that he is, he is driving at the speed limit of 70 while others are doing 80 (he didn’t want any extra attention from the police because of the car already having a loud exhaust and tinted windows) anyways while driving up Interstate 75 a cop pulls him over, and before my brother has the window all the way down the cop is asking how fast it goes, how much it cost, etc. After a few minutes of that go by the cop tells my brother to have a nice day. Then my brother says: "by the way, why did you pull me over?" Cop: " you were going too slow, hahaha, I mean, your door window tint is illegal, tell your brother to get it pulled off "

I thought that one was pretty good, when was the last time you heard of someone getting pulled over in a viper for going too slow?

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so self-consious about the police that I go slow in my GTS all the time. My last tickets were in my other cars.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One time I was coming out of Bob Evans with my Father, and 2 Older Men were looking in the Window of my GTS, and as I walk up I heard the older(60+)man, say to his friend, "damn, this Viper has a Eject button"! :laugh: Of course that's the custom eject system I got from MGW, it just looks like a lighter to me though!! :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One time I was coming out of Bob Evans with my Father, and 2 Older Men were looking in the Window of my GTS, and as I walk up I heard the older(60+)man, say to his friend, "damn, this Viper has a Eject button"! :laugh: Of course that's the custom eject system I got from MGW, it just looks like a lighter to me though!! :2tu:

Casey, what about the one you told me when the cop pulled you over and wanted you to show him how fast you can take off?

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just entered my car in the car show for this weekend. Anyway last night I pull it in after most guys had already set up(I had just came from getting my Viper detailed)and the whole place just stopped and stared as I drove to my spot. I know they were thinking "dang poser" he he he I love it!!!

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The usual .... "Are those speakers?"

"What are those things in the headlights?"

"How much did it cost?"

"I bet you get a lot of women in this car!"

I answer each one but the last one ... just grin and make them curious/envious.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake, that's my all time Favorite story while Vipering!

While driving back from the gym a few years back(in GTSnake's GTS--was mine then :2tu: ), I get pulled over for NO reason, although the cop asked me if I drove around a cone back at a construction site. Of course, I didn't. Then the officer just let's it out telling me that the Viper is his favorite car, and he has never seen one up close. He was really excited and asked me alot of questions about the car and myself.
But one question threw me off for a minute---"Can you show me what this Monster's got?" he asks, and tells me to take off 'balls to the wall', and really get her going, when he gets back in his car, which is still behind me with the lights going.
I said, I wasn't going to fall for that one, Then get thrown in the slammer! He says, he's serious, and if I do it, he will give me a free pass on that 10 mile section of Rt 30--If I get pulled over just give the cop his Name and tell them what's going on, and if needed call him! NO JOKE!
Done--he gets in his car behind me, I check for traffic, and when I look back he gives me the :2tu: -up.
Well,OK, 'Balls to the wall' it is ! Gave it a little extra Wheel Spin to make it look good, and I take her up to around 125mph+! :laugh:
So I am slowed down for a bit and here he comes with his lights on again! Yeah, what was I thinking?! Well, he goes flying by me with the Biggest Grin you have ever seen, banging his head and giving me the :2tu: -up again!!
That was cool! :headbang:
And to top it off, a week or so later on the way to the gym, I get pulled over on the same stretch of Highway, for speeding, get this, after I passed him at the speed limit this cop says I sped up alot(yeah, OK). I told him that Officer Viperlover(I don't remember his name anymore) said I could enjoy this stretch of the road"--you should have seen the look on his face!! So he radios him and says "OK, have fun, but please don't speed, forget what you were told" ;)
I only wich he wouldn't have said the last part!! ;)

You want to hear about when I got pulled over for 93 in a 55 on my way to Rt 66 for the Parade Lap with the VCA IL? That's my second favoite Cop story! hehe

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, Guys, that settles it. The Viper is the greatest and I am counting the days until I get mine out of storage.
Oh, here is one more story. I had a church youth director ask if I could bring my GTS to a youth event. He would use it to promo a church outing and the group would have a picture taken in front of the car.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were asked to take SATANS car to a church? Now that is a good Viper story! Oh sorry, I just noticed your car is graphite, the devil would drive a red one....

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll say, "Here's what bad boys do", then I'll do a smoky burnout, followed by, "Don't try this at home".
Nearby, (I-75, mile marker 183) there is a Biker Church. We could start a Viper Church.
I'd go.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just like in the new GM commercial - I encountered four kids coming out of McDonald's. Jaws drop and they all said in unison "holy sh.t". Priceless........

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Mother in-law has me drive her to church when ever she's in town. She's says, she's like celebirty to all the kids. They all hang out with her, after church to see, what they call the (space ship), pull in to pick her up.
It's funny, she's like 70 years old and very reserved.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This seems as good a place as any for my first post, as it fits the thread well. I picked up my silver 98 RT10 Wednesday and had to go by the Post Office to meet a business contact, mail some papers, etc. Well, there happened to be a space right in front of the building. Within 20 seconds two guys came by and passed their compliments. My associate came out about then and insisted on a full inspection, including hood up! This was too much, and more people started coming over. The clincher was a thirty-something young lady who had her friend snap her picture in front of it with one of those new photo cell phones - this was just too much!
Guys, after owning a C5 for two years, nothing prepared me for this kind of attention. I'm sort of in the middle of the Introvert/Extrovert scale of Myers-Briggs, so I think owning this silver beast is going to be interesting!
Thanks to the providers of this forum for being here; I've already learned a bunch from reading the past several weeks. :D :2tu:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C5's ROCK. Ya. I LOVE EM' CORVETTE'S Rule... (sorry lost control for a minute there).
Yesterday had the car out on RTE 495 merging onto RTE 95 couple on the outside lane roll there window down to get a better exhaust note.
AG98RT10 - Good luck with the car, let the games begin. :2tu:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one just came to mind. Last summer rolling down the highway at 70, a Civic full of kids pulls alongside, coffee can fart exhaust and all, giving thumbs up. I take my hands off the wheel and hold up 6 fingers. They look confused. I shifted to fifth (exhaust note picks up a bit) and show them 5. Then four. Same speed. Then I gave them three, pointed straight ahead and punched it....I never saw those nice kids again.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is second hand info.
A club member in MA was on a ride through Maine in his Silver SRT10. Comes over a hill and there is a small town square... about a mile ahead of him. Policeman sees him coming. Puts on his Blue Lights, gets out of his car, stands in the intersection and stops traffic. The Viper approches, Policeman waves him through with a big smile and thumbs up. Viper drives on, cop waves traffic through, gets back in his car... end of story.