Today on the way to the gym...

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...a guy gets out of his car at a stop light and asks what kind of car I was driving. I was stunned I said uh...Viper now get back in your car the light has turned green. Keep in mind it's like -10 degrees outside(don't worry streets are dry/salt-free)and he gets out to ask about the car in the middle of traffic. Priceless!!! Any of you guys have some similar stories with your Viper? I would like to hear about them. Vipers rule!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....dont u love driving the viper after leg days.... its so easy to just drop the clutch, haha it gets feeling tired

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has happened to me many times. One time a guy did that and asked if I had the optional V-12 in my Viper. I said Vipers didn't come in V-12's. He argued and knew for a fact it did cuz a friend of a friend has a v-12 in his. I said ok and left it at that. Never argue with a redneck at a traffic light. :)

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....dont u love driving the viper after leg days.... its so easy to just drop the clutch, haha it gets feeling tired
I don't know about you but,when I get done doing squats on leg days my legs are so rubbery I wish I had an automatic. :D

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once told a guy that I couldn't afford the V-10 so I got the V-6 turbo instead. He asked me if it was manual or auto. (While looking at my car with the hood open.)

I told him I got the automatic. :D

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today, while trailering my car back from West Coast Viper after having the fuel system upgraded, I got a huge :2tu: from a Cop.

First time for that one.
I wonder what he would have done if I was driving it. :headbang:

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also went pole position with the man. long light. told me he loves vipers and and would like to drive one. I said I don't speed locally, but if i get tagged by him, he could drive it back to the station while I test the squad.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Got a killer one for you from last summer:

I pull up at the gas station and pumping gas, minding my own. Guy walks up and asked if it was a GT? I said, "do you mean GTS?"

He says, "NO GT."

Proceeds to tell me about his counsins, friends former roomate (you get the point), has a Viper GT convertible that is the fastest one they ever made. It costs like over $100k.

After thirty seconds of laughter, I agreed with him. Those GT convertible snakes are the best ever.

I got in the car and left after he went into how it came stock with a roll cage from Dodge.

Why would anyone think that we know nothing about a car that we own? Was he really trying to impress me? yawwwwn.

Maybe it was bad ***** from the Chesapeake last year.

Sad, but true.

I'll have to try and find and invite him to the crab feast this year.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lesson #2: Do not argue with drunk people who know more about your car at a gas station in the middle of the night. Either you are going to end up beating the ***** to death, or you are going to be there until the sun comes up.

(I like my life a little more than most people, therefore I choose the "til the sun comes up" option)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ventured out the other day when it was about 20 degrees, after I scoped out about a 6 mile stretch with my wifes Honda to make sure there was no water or salt on the road, and a guy proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't have it out unless the temp was above 40 degrees. He said that a friend of his has one and he has stress cracks all over it from driving it at temps under 40. :shocked:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The one thing I will never understand is why people love to educate me about my car. This in and of it self is not that bad. What is bad... Is when they know nothing about the car or have wrong information? :confused:

If I knew nothing about someone's car, I would ask questions not try to educate them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a female sheriff in a sheriff's van pull up next to me at a light, had me roll down the window and she proceeds to rev up her POS and asks if I want to race? HA! Not a chance.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got pulled over by a Pasadena ISD cop (flashing lights and all)on I-45 coming off the Sam Houston Tollway on my way to Bally's gym in Webster. No ticket issued. Just wanted a closer look at my car.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squats! It's usually calf raises that make my lower legs shake to the point I can't hold the clutch in anymore and make a scene at the stop light.

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the middle lane at a red light and two cops pulled up on each side. One on my driver side said "I bet you think you can out run both of us" I was like "no sir". He then said that "you can blow the doors off our cars but you still cannot out run the radio!" I agreed and went on my way.

Another time I was running around 80 (speed limit 70) on a quiet highway and saw a motorcycle approaching rather quickly from behind. From what I could tell it seemed to look like a sport bike (had dual lights). So I kept increasing my speed as it approached, armed my nitrous and waited for him to get a little closer before I dusted him. Well, low and behold as he got closer it was a motorcycle cop and he pulled up beside me running around 100 mph. and gave me the hand signal to slow my a$$ down. I felt very lucky to get out of that one.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got my speeding ticket last summer, the cop, who was probably in his late 20s pulled me over. I didn't realize it until I got home, but he wrote 'Dodge Stealth' on the ticket. Hard to believe.

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ventured out the other day when it was about 20 degrees, after I scoped out about a 6 mile stretch with my wifes Honda to make sure there was no water or salt on the road, and a guy proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't have it out unless the temp was above 40 degrees. He said that a friend of his has one and he has stress cracks all over it from driving it at temps under 40. :shocked:
I hope not I have had my Viper out several times below the freezing mark. I have yet to see any stress cracks on the body. I wonder if there is any truth to the above statement?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool story! :2tu:

I have had a couple great encounters with Cops!
But one of my favorite Cocky Know-it-all stories took place when I was leaving DejaVu a few years back in my Red GTS. The owner pulls up in his C5, comes over to my car and tells me his Vette is great--and that I should have bought a GTS!!! I said I know, I thought if I just put the GTS stickers on the Side of my Viper(pointing to them), that no one would notice! Hehe ;) . Then I told him that his Vette is a nice car, and that I just sold mine that was identical to his, cause I never drove it anymore(which was true)! :D

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flexx91,
I did'nt know Pasadena ISD had the right to pull people over, I thought they were pretty much cops that could not make HPD.

Andy

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving to my parents house so kid was passing me while looking at my car. evidently he didnt see stopped traffic in from of him and ran into the back of an explorer. DOH!. or Hea hea.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was getting gas one day when this HUGE guy asks me the year of my Viper. (must have been a SOLID 300lbs and his petite girlfriend was about the hottest blonde I've ever seen.) I said it is a 1998. When he got in the car I heard him say, "that's a piece of S$IT, they didn't put a V12 in until 2000". LOL.

Thats rare. Most people are so friendly and you get tons of :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove last year for the first time without front license plate to an event in France. Drivers training at a race track.

On my way I was stopped by the French police on the highway. The first Officer came to my open window.

Asking in French for the papers.

I raised my shoulders...

Than he spoke in German to me! Papers please!

I gave him the papers. He went to the front of the car and searched for my license plate and came back to my window.

Before he could start to ask questions I told him: Officer, my license plate is at the rear of the car!

He went to the rear of car, studied the papers and checked my papers. Came back to my window.

Sir, may we see and hear the engine :)))

I was glad to show the cops the engine...and afterwards he asked me to drive off with a "little bit more gas"...

I did it. :D

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had people say "who are you trying to impress by driving this car"? If people have to bring it up it must be awfully impressive.lol

Reaction score
I have had people ring my doorbell, asking to look at the car when it was parked in the drive.

Last Halloween. :) I'd answer the door, hand out candy to the kids....then be asked to open the garage for mom and dad to have a look. Sign over the garage says "Dodge Viper Dr." :)

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed that everyone is an expert on the Viper and feel a need to tell me about their knowledge. I've had them ask me if mine had the 6 or 8 cylinder in it and then when I say it has 10 they ask me what year they started putting those in it. They always ask me if it "really runs." I mean seriously what do they think. I usually tell them it runs fairly well. Also, they always have a buddy or a cousin that had one at one time that was unbelievably fast. Believe me after you talk to them you realize they knew no such person. It cracks me up.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I was at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway, and this guy is looking at my Viper, and tells me that he test drove a Viper before, but didn't buy one because he didn't like the handling, blah, blah, blah. I look at him and say "If the Viper's handling is so bad, how come a stock one with the right driver can turn 1:29s here?" Then I told him to get his car on track and show me how great it is. That ended the conversation.

Later in the day, his cousin or something asks me if I'm giving rides on track, and would I take that same guy out. At first, I thought it would be a great opportunity to show him what a Viper can do, but I really didn't need him in the car, blabbing while I'm concentrating. So I told him no, if he doesn't like the Viper's handling, then he doesn't want to ride in one either. Not good enough for him!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year, when I was at band camp ...

Just kidding guys. Interesting reading the stories during the DEAD of winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_