Too short for my 09

joebruni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a great 09 from woodhouse recently and love it however (just like my 05 was) I have to always sit on a small pillow. I am about 5'7 and had a similar problem with my jeep wrangler that I was able to fix with a nice cheap kit. Any thoughts? I did several searches and couldnt find much.

thanks guys

-Joe

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need the seat closer or the seat higher.... or both?? How'd you fix the '05?

V

Venomiss

If you purchased your car new you should have a free year of VCA membership.
Do you have a VCA membership number already? If you do PM one of the moderators here and they can upgrade you so you can see much more of this site. Lee00blacksilverGTS or kcobean can help you out.
If you don't have a membership number yet call 1800-998-1110 on Tuesday and they can get you started.;)

OP
OP
J

joebruni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I needed the seat higher, yes I did buy it new but I misplaced the VCA stuff that came in the mail, I will call that number on tuesday. Thanks guys!

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 5'6" and never had a problem and I have had 2 vipers. Adjust seat adjust pedals and set steering wheel. Do you have legs?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not too many people complain about needing the seat higher, usually they need the seat lowered. I do have a friend that drivers her white mamba with a pillow on her seat but she is closer to 5' not exactly sure how tall or short rather, she is but she is dang near a midget.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Height,per se, can be deceptive as it can be in the legs or in the waist...makes quite a difference.

Both Wife and I notice a big difference when switching into a Gen III or IV...as we feel as though we are sitting down in a hole compared to the feel of a Gen I or II. It is noticeable not only in the lack of rearward vision, but also in the relationship between the driver position of the shifter in a Gen III and IV...noting that she favors II for these reasons.

If after being seated, you place the seat full forward, seatback more vertical, steering wheel lower, pedals as high (close) as possible...it should work out for you...maybe even without a pillow or seat pad.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this cushion made for my wife at a local auto upholstery shop. They used the same Viper suede material and fitted it so the seat still looks stock

DSC03176.JPG

DSC03173.JPG

OP
OP
J

joebruni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove around tonight without the usual pillow. Not too bad actually I just prefer the view of the road up higher. No worries, good viper weather here in San Antonio tonight!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the seat from the car. Look how it's mounted and how you would shim it up. I suggest you go to your local metal shop and get some 1"x1" mild steel stock. Measure, cut - then drill holes where the bolts mount the seat to the floor. Purchase some Grade 8 bolts in the same size but 1" longer. Don't use crappy bolts!

Mount everything up. Be sure to mount the sensor for the ABS correctly!

I think with a little thought and ingenuity you can figure something out.

Personally I think the custom seat cushion is a great idea.

Greg

OP
OP
J

joebruni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might give that seat cushion business a whirl. Thanks for all the expert insight into my question guys.