Top Speed of 2006 Coupe with Stock Paxton install and suspension adjustment

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please only respond if you have had the opportunity to try a top speed attempt - of course - safely. I know many of you have gone fast. There are other posts on that subject. I am not asking about the convertible's top speed because it is limited by the fact that it is a convertible. I am interested to find out if someone has broken 200 miles per hour with the coupe, stock Paxton install and suspension adjustments. Thank you in advance for your posts.

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was doing a search and can't find an answer to this question.... what is an expected top speed for a car with a paxton? And how much difference would it make to have a vert?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesnt the 600hp 2008 get up to 197mph or something like that. I would assume with more then 700 crank hp on a Paxton Srt, otherwise stock it should have no problem seeing 200-202 mph. I know this is all just assumptions, Im sure soon enough some of the guys that do the 200 mile runs will chime in. I know on the Alley, there are alot of guys there that shoot for the 200 mph club.

Reaction score
Indicated 210 a few times, convertible, with customer." Not fun" with a stock suspension, even with Motons it is all but impossible to quickly use the brakes for fear of darting off course. This is most certainly an area for race cars only.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indicated 210 a few times, convertible, with customer." Not fun" with a stock suspension, even with Motons it is all but impossible to quickly use the brakes for fear of darting off course. This is most certainly an area for race cars only.

Hi Mark. What do you think caused the darting? Would a coupe with Eibachs, Motons, corner balanced and Viper specific PS2's have the same issue? Would a coupe be five or so MPH faster? How long did it take for the car to get to 210MPH and was that in 5th gear?

Reaction score
I was actually in 6th and pulling strong, ran out of room and like I said that was "indicated". I feel that the air getting under the car was the main concern because when you got into the brakes the front end travels down so far. Even though the Viper has great bump steer characteristics the small amounts at that speed are amplified. With good aerodynamic set up I'm sure this would be much better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang