top speed?

Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know about what the top end of a gen 1 viper with smooth tubes, k&n's and exaust would be? :confused:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can calculate it with final gear, horse power, and CD (drag)

there are some web calculators out there if you google it

OP
OP
A

Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it is because of lack of hp that the car is not faster top end? not from speed limiter ect. The reason why I was asking is I have a guy that has a z06 that wants to race all the way up, 3 miles or so, and I thought that my car would have a better top end than that, I guess it is time to break out the 300tt again.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't try it with the top on!! At about 120 the front lip catches wind off the glass and starts a really loud buzz. I suppose after that the buzz stops.... because the top flew off.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my soft top on above 170 when it was newer (less 4 years old). After that the fabric got a bit looser and around 150 it would start flapping like crazy. I recall going around a track at 150 to 170 with one hand holding the roof at the center bar. Unnerving to say the least. I never had any issue with the attachment.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, let me think about this for a second. You have an RT/10 with about 370 RWHP give or take. And a weight of 3400 or so. Add to that a drag coefficient of a brick (about .5). The answer is no. Not even close. Sorry. Even if it is an older Z06 you do not have a chance. Unless Fadi is driving that is :) :nana:

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah, let me think about this for a second. You have an RT/10 with about 370 RWHP give or take. And a weight of 3400 or so. Add to that a drag coefficient of a brick (about .5). The answer is no. Not even close. Sorry. Even if it is an older Z06 you do not have a chance. Unless Fadi is driving that is :) :nana:
LOL OWNED :buttkick:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Tom I think that is funny. But you are probably correct. I made the mistake one year when it was about 4 years old to leave it assembled for almost a full year. That is when it became loose. Not sure what the elements would do in addition but I am sure it would not be good. I am sure a good canvas shop could tighten it up for you (unless your bows are also warped).

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bent the inner steel bars so the soft top simulates a double bubble top. It keeps the center of the cloth from rising and looking like a big balloon at speed. I have to drive slow, but I like both hands on the wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96