Track Pack or Aero?

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious how other members/owners feel. If there were two equally priced 2013 SRTs (same color, options, etc.), 1 with the $3,500 Track Pack and another with the $4,800 aero package, which would you choose? I understand the track pack is the fastest in a straight line due to reduced weight and better rubber and would assume, of course, the aero pack gets you around the road course better.

Just curious which one of those options most people would choose....?

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, the track pack was $3,500 and aero $4,800, I'm just curious which option Viper owners prefer... If you had the same color, same other options and same price, would members pick the track pack car or aero car?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go with aero if you plan to track ******* occasion. If you plan on pushing your Viper close to the limit on the road course, the added stability and confidence that comes with aero is key. It's very difficult to install the splitters yourself. Making templates, drilling, riveting. The rear splitter is easier to install but it would be easy to goof and end up with a crooked splitter or exposed epoxy. Plus I think the aero looks bad ass.

The brake rotors can be added with less drama, Mark Jorgensen or Jon B can get you the Stoptech rotors at a good price. For track wheels, you can buy Sidewinder IIs or a custom set with wider fronts and run 315s, that's what I'd do if I were to do it all over again. 315s front, 345 or 355s rear. Slap some Hoosiers on and you'll be unstoppable :D

Last edited:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track pack was a deal, here is what I recently paid in the open market:

1. Sidewinder light weight wheels: $2300 That was the reduced price thru VPA, they were closer to $4,000 in the beginning.
2. Set of tires: $1,700 (Hoosier 315/345)

That doe not include the light weight rotors.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine came with the track pack. Was not a wanted nor needed option....just came with the car. Means nothing to me, except wheels look nice. I would not chose aero since I don't like accessory plastic pieces.

habeb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero pkg would be my choice. Track pkg components are easy add-ons and certainly could be deferred. Run the stock rotors and pads on-track until toast, replace with 2-piece stop-tech or Brembo rotors and choice of pads.

As JackB pointed out, set of sidewinder wheels for 2300.00 is attractive.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track pack was an awesome deal from the factory. It's a shame they stopped it. That being said, you say both cars are same price then I'd go aero. The aero is worth more in option price so you're getting a better price/deal. Plus the aero is functional and badass looking so it's a two-fer. Like others have said, brakes and wheels are the simplest mods ever. I think an ideal car would be the track pack with aero, that would be my dream config, add the GT option for full adjustability and I start drooling. In silver please. LoL.

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go with aero, it would be cheeper to buy an aftermarket light weight wheels, tires and rotors than carbon aero package!

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really wish SRT would have numbered the 100 red track pack 2013 cars or maybe striped them. Seems like a very popular option and I believe those cars sold very well. Recently came VERY close to buying one. Trade $ #s didn't work and I just don't have any garage space for 2 Vipers with snow on the ground in Michigan. Will probably be sold by the time my car sells so would love to come across another great deal on a track pack car or aero Gen 5... They are both such cool options and great values, in my opinion...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456