Track Time - School OR Lapping

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a Track Techniques School and lapping event THIS WEEK!

I'm pretty sure that the classroom session is tonight. I know for sure that they're on track tomorrow night and Wednesday night. The full school is $550 + GST.

If all you want is lap time, come on Wednesday evening for lapping. Lapping is $200 + GST.

You MUST have completed a program to be allowed onto the track for lapping. If it's your first time at the track you MUST do the school first.

Greg

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,
I did not get anything saying I completed the program. Did my head gasket blow too soon?:dunno: Who do I contact to find out? I will ron down tomorrow if I can get in some lap time.:drive:

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,
I did not get anything saying I completed the program. Did my head gasket blow too soon?:dunno: Who do I contact to find out? I will ron down tomorrow if I can get in some lap time.:drive:

You're good on my recommendation. I know everyone at the track and I've already spoken with Jay about it.

Come tonight if you want. I'll be busy with students but you will see me around.

G

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time does it start?

5:00pm and it goes to 9:00pm. $210 GST included. It's a typical layout with 2 run groups - 20 min. on then 20 min. off.

Try to get to the track at about 4:30 to 4:45 but you can come at anytime - it just shortens your track time.

Let's see. 4 hours with 3 sessions per hour = 12 sessions. You'll be exhausted.

Greg

PS. Sometimes we run sessions that are a little longer than 20 minutes but it all adds up to about 2 hours of running on the track. It's a lot!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Blue ACR,

Jim, if you are around and thinking of going to the track tonight give me a call. 403-505-2444 :drive:

Greg,
I will give you the short version...otherwise it would take all night.:headbang:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,

I enjoyed my short time at the track tonight. Thanks for the invite. Sorry I couldn't stick around, but you were busy with your class and I was out of it a little early. That damn Cam over fuelled the motor when he tuned it yesterday. I did get a number for a tuner in Calgary from one of the fellows at the track tonight. I will give him a call and feel him out.
I was burning so much fuel in the pipes that it started to melt the side sill on the pass side. I have overpaid Cam for the last time. Besides lying to me about when he would get it done he still did not get it done right.

On the bright side, I drove the car home tonight. Better than two other fellows that were lapping.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Blue ACR,

Jim, if you are around and thinking of going to the track tonight give me a call. 403-505-2444 :drive:

Greg,
I will give you the short version...otherwise it would take all night.:headbang:

Ron, thanks for thinking of me but I was out of town until this morning:(
Timing is everything.

Sure you had fun. Hope it wasn't Vipers that couldn't drive themselves home:drive:

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night was our busiest night of the year.

We had a guy pass someone really late into turn 1 and it looks like he shifted into second when he shouldn't have - let's call it 'oil pan failure'.

Then we sent out a Land Rover to pull him back to the pits and the Land Rover broke.... 2 tow trucks were called.

I cut class at 8:00 to go visit you and you were already gone. I heard about your car though! The term 'spit fire' was used over and over to describe your car.

It sure looks good on the track!

I'm on track again tonight with ZR Auto. 4 track days this week.... whew!

I'll try to give you a call this afternoon - or maybe tomorrow during the day between brake bleeds.

Greg

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night was our busiest night of the year.

Then we sent out a Land Rover to pull him back to the pits and the Land Rover broke.... 2 tow trucks were called.

Greg

Plus the guy with the broken drive shaft.:nono:

I would have stayed a little longer, but Jay said you were going back to driving using half of turn 1. I guess if I had stayed five more minutes the Rover would have broke down and you would have freed up.:(

Changing the subject a little, I was coming down Deerfoot at 5 PM and a white Gen III with red hood stripes ran with me.(looks like Darbgnik with red instead of blue.) Is he a member? Do you know him? :dunno:

Are you going to Kelowna? I finally talked Mike into joining the VCA and we are hoping to get to Kelowna. I have to take care of some business first and Mike has trouble getting away for more than one day at a time as he is a young business man making a success of 3 businesses. He is actually part owner in 2 more that I know of.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope - I don't know the guy, nor the car.

Broken drive shaft! Yes - the BMW. More wreakage in one night than we normally get in a year. Last Thursday night we had a Subaru loose a turbo oil line and 2 other cars with flat tires - also 3 tow trucks. It's been a bad year!

I'm not going to Kelowna - I'm off on a Hummer trip to Moab.

Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apoxi89