Trade In Value of a 99 ACR with 27,000 miles

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering trading for an 04 SRT-10 plus cash. My car is pristene - never been hit, damaged or repainted. What is a reasonable differential amount to expect to pay?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Call "Uncle Bill" Pemberton at 1-800-889-1893 for a straight answer that reflects REAL WORLD situation.

As an aside, our insurance carrier thinks that our 99 ACR with 8,000 miles is worth $47,330.00...hope this helps, betting that you you (and I) feel this is low.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your car should have no problem finding a buyer at $50k and if you look on ebay, there are 04's for sale at $78k. So if you trade, I would think $30k would be the minimum you would expect to pay. Of course, you should get a break on taxes if you trade as you would only pay tax on the difference. JMHO

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help on trade in price but I think you should keep the transactions separate. You can probably get more from selling it yourself and applying the proceeds to your purchase.

JMHO

Bill

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say it ain't so Joe!

While I have no clue as to what your ACR is really worth, remember that as a trade, you pay that much less in sales tax. As an example, sales tax on $50,000 is $3000...so you'd have to get at least that much more to break even versus trading it in.

(If you do get an SRT, I wanna see it.)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree with separate sale, especially if you have the ability to keep the ACR til Spring...this is historically a DEAD time of the year price wise..and, sadly, ACR's are a much tougher car to sell than same car in standard GTS trim to most buyers, according to the pro's.

OP
OP
A

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say it ain't so Joe!

While I have no clue as to what your ACR is really worth, remember that as a trade, you pay that much less in sales tax. As an example, sales tax on $50,000 is $3000...so you'd have to get at least that much more to break even versus trading it in.

(If you do get an SRT, I wanna see it.)

Not to worry Matt, I have no intention of leaving the Viper community. My criteria is American, exotic, 2 seater, big cajones, unique and exclusive - sounds like only a Viper will fit the bill.

I love my ACR but need to make a change for the sake of change. Besides I'm known as Viper Joe amongst many of my friends. Showing up in anything but would be a total contradiction. Porsche or Ferrari Joe - NFW!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala