Trade Showcar Z06 for 96 B/W GTS?

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
very nice looking vette ! (all i would do is take off all the stickers)

I got a good deal on the Alky/**** Kit because I had them on for the Magazine. I didn't get it for free, but it helped because it is the most expensive progressive kit you can get with all upgraded A/N lines. The front/side/rear black is paint.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely NOT a Vette hater. In fact Im a huge fan of the C5 Z's and would LOVE to own a current C6 Z. I understand that some people own these cars and have limited time during their schedule to enjoy them, but if you have the time, DO IT! If it just sits, sell it and let someone else enjoy it.;) BTW, I dont think you'll find too many Vette haters here as most everyone here has moved from a Vette to a Viper at some point.

My bad man, I thought you were going to be the one Vette hater on here. I was kinda hessitant coming into the snake pit to ask questions anyway :rolaugh:...Having not driven my car that much now has saved me to get a little bit more money out of it. I bought it when it was the new Z06 so I am still losing a chitload. As soon as that C6Z came out my car price dropped big time. The 96 B/W is the car I have always wanted to finish out on, so I would plan on putting miles on it. I would just like to get one that doesn't have too many on it to begin with. Thanks for the input man! I will definately drive it and enjoy it if I ever get one, lol.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZexZ06,

Very nice Z06, and good luck with the sale/trade. For what its worth, I have a supercharged 94 RT/10, 645rwhp, 748rwtq, with 28000 miles, 3 piece top, all original parts, and I have been trying to find someone willing to trade for a stock GTS. I have the car listed for $38,000/offer. The market for sports cars is pretty soft right now. I hope you are able to find a buyer and jump into the Viper world, you will not regret it!!

martyb

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ZexZ06,

Very nice Z06, and good luck with the sale/trade. For what its worth, I have a supercharged 94 RT/10, 645rwhp, 748rwtq, with 28000 miles, 3 piece top, all original parts, and I have been trying to find someone willing to trade for a stock GTS. I have the car listed for $38,000/offer. The market for sports cars is pretty soft right now. I hope you are able to find a buyer and jump into the Viper world, you will not regret it!!

martyb

Hey, thanks again man! Best of luck to you too.:2tu:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not a vette fan but I have to say that is one nice looking corvette. About the nicest I have seen. Good luck with the trade.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is a perfect example of why I sold my FRC years ago. I was'nt satisfied with it stock, and I knew I'd end up spending a fortune on it. I learned from my previous mistake, a 1985 IROC I purchased new, and spent enough money on to buy two new Vettes. Modded cars are usually worth less than there bone stock counterparts. Sure there are guys that want them, but they are usually the ones that can't afford the car in the first place. The guy that has the money wants a new car or one that's bone stock, so he can mod it his way. Granted there is always the exception, but time needs to be on your side. As stated earlier the car market is as soft as He$$ right now anyway. Certainly you'll have an advantage when buying your dream Viper, but it's soft on your selling side as well. Good Luck with your transaction, you've certainly got a nice car.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And then there's me. I'd never buy a stock car. If I bought a new car it'd have to be the factory "tuner car" so that I could modify it.

With a Viper it takes to mods really well. Problem is that the mods can easily cost more than the car, then that all needs to be tuned. For a Viper EVERYTHING is available. Every generation of Viper not only superseded the previous one, but obsoleted them (except the Gen 3 wasn't much better than the Gen 2. Buyin the perfect car doesn't mean a new one for everyone. Mine's a Gen 2 for looks, doors, windows, cargo space, GTS.

So my plan is to buy a Gen2 with upgraded brakes, better tires, supercharged, forged pistons, aftermarket exhaust, supercharger, HID lights, lighweight wheels, TPMS, nav, Bluetooth, Sat radio, quality stereo sound, etc. etc. Cost? Could have done it myself for about $180,000, but instead I bought most of it with 20,000mi. that had been proven and tuned to perfection for only $55,000 then added another $20,000 myself to the car. I saved over $100,000 buying the car modified and ready to run. Stock Viper? The 08 has only about 200hp less than mine and my car has every option I wanted for the car since my Venom rear spoiler is now on it's way to me.

Ted

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJon> yes it is that time of year already....
ZexZ06> You gotta know what you are looking to spend on a 96GTS. your the one that put the post out. Did you come here looking for a straight up trade ?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And then there's me. I'd never buy a stock car. If I bought a new car it'd have to be the factory "tuner car" so that I could modify it. ........
Ted

And me. I started out looking for a B/W but couldn't find one that was modded enough to suit me.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ViperJon> yes it is that time of year already....
ZexZ06> You gotta know what you are looking to spend on a 96GTS. your the one that put the post out. Did you come here looking for a straight up trade ?

I had a dealership that said they might possibly do it, but think the car might be gone.

I am looking everywhere as of now to work a deal. I will probably have to sell my car outright and add cash to it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would definately plan on driving the Viper a little more than what I drive my Vette. Reason being I would plan on keeping the Viper. The more I drive my Z now the more it depreciates. I have come to the conclusion to part out my car and sell it kinda close to stock. It will **** doing it but whatever. I didn't know my car went down that much after really looking into it now. People are jumping on C5Z's because they are low priced, and they are really jumping on parts. What they are not jumping on is a C5Z with parts installed, lol.

Congrats on the success! Sounds like a load of fun. As long as I plan on keeping the Viper forever, than driving it a lot won't bother me a bit. I am just glad I didn't drive my Vette a lot because now that will help me sell it. What kinds of mods have you done?

People aren't jumping on anything right now. With what is on the news everybody is afraid to spend any money. Hopefully this will change soon.

I noticed your is an 01. Has it been re-ringed?

Good luck with your sale.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zex, if your Z is not tuned for the **** (in other words, it's just there as a safety net if you get some crap gas), then I'd consider selling that, too, but only if you can line up a buyer first. I didn't run **** on mine, FWIW, but we have 93 octane everywhere here.

Feel free to pm me for anything regarding either car. There are as many drawbacks as benefits to going from a blown Z06 to a Viper (IMHO)...
I will say that I used to do the show-thing (I KNOW you have a folding chair in the trunk!), though now I mostly enjoy cruise-ins, and my Viper gets MANY more compliments and starts many more conversations than my Z06 ever did. At a lot of the Corvette shows, I'd get, "What is that, a chromed alternator (referring to the blower headunit).":rolleyes:

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Zex, if your Z is not tuned for the **** (in other words, it's just there as a safety net if you get some crap gas), then I'd consider selling that, too, but only if you can line up a buyer first. I didn't run **** on mine, FWIW, but we have 93 octane everywhere here.

Feel free to pm me for anything regarding either car. There are as many drawbacks as benefits to going from a blown Z06 to a Viper (IMHO)...
I will say that I used to do the show-thing (I KNOW you have a folding chair in the trunk!), though now I mostly enjoy cruise-ins, and my Viper gets MANY more compliments and starts many more conversations than my Z06 ever did. At a lot of the Corvette shows, I'd get, "What is that, a chromed alternator (referring to the blower headunit).":rolleyes:

Thanks again man. I'll add you on my friends list. You know I got the chair in the trunk. I think I have 2 in there now. I have also heard some out of this world crap. I have gotten pleanty of the alternator stuff too, lol. What do you like about are your opinions on the RT/10 over the GTS. Does the RT have forged internals too? I am sure your Viper is way more of an attention getter than any newer Vette.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
People aren't jumping on anything right now. With what is on the news everybody is afraid to spend any money. Hopefully this will change soon.

I noticed your is an 01. Has it been re-ringed?

Good luck with your sale.

I have honestly had no problems with the car using any oil. I also have all the other 01 factors eliminated, different exhaust with 2 high flow cats instead of the 4 factory cats, and an after market cam/with upgraded pushrods/springs/retainers

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ZexZ06...good luck with the sale. I have owned an 01', 02', 03', 06' and now 08 Z06. I also have a 98GTS. You won't regret going to a GTS...there is a HUGE difference between one and the other though. You really should drive one before making the plunge.

This is not a good time to sell, but it is most definitely a great time to buy.

What do you think your car is worth? You certainly have to have an idea of how much a fair price would be...if you are interested in a trade, most likely people would want to know that to even get their interest.

Regardless, good luck with whatever you decide.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ex just sold his '01Z06 for $21,000, same miles as yours.

I have had 6 vettes myself, each one I sell as close to stock as possible.

From what I have seen on the vette forums and from my experience, you would be better to return the car to stock and sell the mods.

Have fun on your search for your Viper, now's a good time to buy!

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zex,

This is a bit off subject, but if you still have the stock wheels you may be able to get some good money for them. '01 was the only year they made magnesium wheels.

Good luck with your sale/trade.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62