trade viper

viper2000rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, Just thinking about trading my 2000 dodge viper rt/10 21,000 miles for a 2009 hummer h2 sut with 28,000 miles. Even trade. Do you guys think I'm nuts? Just thinking about it. I do love my VIPER. Thanks Wayne...........

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Nuts, in 3 years your Viper will be worth what it's worth today and the Hummer will be worth half of what's it's worth today if your lucky.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,i believe if you did the deal you could be classified in the 'nutty as a fruitcake' category,but then again future investment aside,if it is what you really want to do i say go for it! Still nuts though :D .Whatever cockamamy deal you do,good luck :2tu:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are absolutely nuts. I wish I had a hummer to trade you...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any major work done to your Viper? If not, the H2 is worth a hell of lot more than your Viper (at the moment). The others are right in saying that the H2 will fall like a rock, while the Viper would not.
I wouldn't give up the Viper for an H2, BUT what I would do, is make the trade and then sell the H2. I've been looking at some older H2's and the '09's with those miles (assuming clean title and good condition) should sell for $60k+. You should be able to dump it at $55k pretty damn fast. That leaves some nice money to spend on another Viper.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have ANY use for the H2. I mean my H2 rides like a Mercedes, gets about 11 miles a gallon, but they are very nice for a road trip. I have a Trophy shop so it helps me alot cause you can get alot of trophies in a H2. But I usually only drive it when it rains, when the sun's out & it comes time to cruise you have to get the Viper out. You can only do so much with the Viper(RT/10), if its gonna be your only & everyday driver then I would definitely go with the H2. JMO

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TowDawg hit it right on the head. Do the trade and sell the Hummer 5-8% under market value to move it. With some of the prices I've seen on Gen 1 and Gen 2 you could pick up one of each and double the fun!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, I've put some money into mine with the headers and Quaife, but I'll trade him my Gen III and buy another one and have plenty to of money left over to build it better than mine!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any major work done to your Viper? If not, the H2 is worth a hell of lot more than your Viper (at the moment). The others are right in saying that the H2 will fall like a rock, while the Viper would not.
I wouldn't give up the Viper for an H2, BUT what I would do, is make the trade and then sell the H2. I've been looking at some older H2's and the '09's with those miles (assuming clean title and good condition) should sell for $60k+. You should be able to dump it at $55k pretty damn fast. That leaves some nice money to spend on another Viper.

TowDawg thinks like Georgethedog!!! That's exactly what I would do. Trade it, sell it, buy different Viper, pocket the difference. Where was this idiot when I wanted to sell my 2001 Viper? I don't seem to ever run into deals like that. Does the guy want an Gen 3??? I could still pocket $10K trading my 2003 and turn around and buy a different Gen 3.

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see they are no longer in buisness which scares people to death,gas is $3.30 per gallon and it gets 11 miles to a gallon. Have fun finding a buyer for that anchor,don't you think he tried to sell it himself and when he was unable to decided a trade was his only way out. We have 2 used ones at my dealership and they are going to wholesale on friday because they have been on the used car line for over 120 days !!!!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see they are no longer in buisness which scares people to death,gas is $3.30 per gallon and it gets 11 miles to a gallon. Have fun finding a buyer for that anchor,don't you think he tried to sell it himself and when he was unable to decided a trade was his only way out. We have 2 used ones at my dealership and they are going to wholesale on friday because they have been on the used car line for over 120 days !!!!

+ 1....they are not bringing as much as they were too,so these posts about trading and selling may have worked six months ago but not now. I saw one o CL for 29k the other day (Hummer H2)..I would check out recent sales,and i mean recent! People are getting scared with gas prices surging again.Good Luck!

2008 Hummer H3 Luxury, 22k, Leather, Moonroof, Heated Seats and More

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long have you owned the Viper?
Do you drive it?
Why did you buy it in the first place?

OP
OP
V

viper2000rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How bout that my first name is Lowell I go by Wayne. I know I'm alot nuts but think I will keep my VIPER. Thanks Wayne.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang