Traded my 06 Z06 for a Viper Vert

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, nice new ride. The Z06 looks really sweet, but get ready for even more attention in the Viper. I think those same wheels on the Vette will look great on your Viper.

OP
OP
V

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean regarding by your interior comment, but I assume you mean it is a bit plain. I wasnt satified with the interior when I got my call. Good thing it is easly to upgrade...

DSC079561.JPG

The reference was to the lack of high end leather.
I love your interior, mine is 2 tone as well (black and grey).

I have a C6Z06 for a daily driver and a 2008 Viper Coupe for fun.Both black and both very fast.Best of both worlds.

Life is good..:2tu:

Those surprise you?

The stereo didn't but the lack of cruse control did. It's no biggie just weird to me.

Another weird thing is I didn't get floor matts with the car, those are extra so I'm told. Is this true:confused: Also where is the best place to but a set?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the new "smart" vette

You must be registered for see images attach

:lmao::lmao::lmao: And, in MY COLOR too~!!! :omg: That made me literally fall off my chair!
~~juli
**We traded our '04 Z06 for the '05 BLACK SRT in 2004...the cars simply cannot compare---at all---the VIPER rules**

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stereo didn't but the lack of cruse control did. It's no biggie just weird to me.

Another weird thing is I didn't get floor matts with the car, those are extra so I'm told. Is this true:confused: Also where is the best place to but a set?

The Viper is a no frills car.

JonB can probably get you the floor mats.

Woodhouse has an aftermarket cruise that folks are happy with...that is if you absolutely, positively HAVE to have cruise.

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Woodhouse has an aftermarket cruise that folks are happy with...that is if you absolutely, positively HAVE to have cruise.

Snake-Oyl has some good lookin' mats.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu::2tu:I have owned 4 VIPERs and probly have a total of 1 hr of stereo time. My music is the sound of the Viper's motor. Hard to get in and out like the older C4 Corvettes. Viper never did claim to be a luxery car. Its more like a factory race car but street legal, so no cruise control, no cup holders. You don't need to put much on the exterior body to make you Viper stand out from other Vipers like you did the Vette. All Vipers are beautiful as they came from the factory.
My 2008 VIPER was delivered to me without floor mats also. I thought Ringgold Dodge just forgot to bring them with the car. I never asked them for them. I had a new set from RSI from my 2006 Twin Turbo that I put in the 08.

Believe me, when you finally are able to get down on that 600 stock horsepower you will not be able to wipe that smile off your face. Hold on, as you could easily loose it and end up like a ping pong ball out of control all over the road. ( I know your ZO6 wasn't no slouch but thought you should be aware of how fast you can loose it)

Have fun!!! The Viper community is alot friendlier then the Corvette owners are. You'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu::2tu:I have owned 4 VIPERs and probly have a total of 1 hr of stereo time. My music is the sound of the Viper's motor. Hard to get in and out like the older C4 Corvettes. Viper never did claim to be a luxery car. Its more like a factory race car but street legal, so no cruise control, no cup holders. You don't need to put much on the exterior body to make you Viper stand out from other Vipers like you did the Vette. All Vipers are beautiful as they came from the factory.
My 2008 VIPER was delivered to me without floor mats also. I thought Ringgold Dodge just forgot to bring them with the car. I never asked them for them. I had a new set from RSI from my 2006 Twin Turbo that I put in the 08.

Believe me, when you finally are able to get down on that 600 stock horsepower you will not be able to wipe that smile off your face. Hold on, as you could easily loose it and end up like a ping pong ball out of control all over the road. ( I know your ZO6 wasn't no slouch but thought you should be aware of how fast you can loose it)

Have fun!!! The Viper community is alot friendlier then the Corvette owners are. You'll see what I mean.

Good advise:2tu:, don't want use the viper like a ping pong ball :rolaugh:

Snake-Oyl has some good lookin' mats.

I'll check out JonB, as for the cruise control it's not that necessary. So far it seems easy to keep the car at speed. Around here Leo's can be rough, so keeping within 5 mph of the posted limit is essential especially in a red viper.

Very helpful, Thank You:2tu:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually there are a few of us who like to listen to the stereo as well... the best bang for the buck is to change the door speakers to polks....either the DB650 or the DB651s.... do a search and there are threads on the drop in install and hook up... whole job takes 30 minutes and $60.00.... the difference in sound is very very apparent

OP
OP
V

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually there are a few of us who like to listen to the stereo as well... the best bang for the buck is to change the door speakers to polks....either the DB650 or the DB651s.... do a search and there are threads on the drop in install and hook up... whole job takes 30 minutes and $60.00.... the difference in sound is very very apparent

Now that's some good info:headbang:
Do you know if their 4 or 8 ohm speakers?

OP
OP
V

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kewl! Another local Vipe!

See ya on the roads - I too am in the Sterling/Cascades area.

I'm going to try and make the Chick-Fellet (MS?) at Dulles this Friday, if not the next one until I do...:2tu:

No more coupe?? That Vette you traded in is SMOKIN. Hope you dont miss it too much. It really stands out from most Vettes.

Thanks,the reason for the swap was to satisfy my need for high performance and a removable top. I have always been a viper fan.
Both cars are true American sports cars with their distinct differences.