Trailer questions...

jeremypittman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take my snake to many car shows, and this is the only type of trailer that I have ever used.
I carry a set of 2"x6" 10' boards and 4 or 5 bricks in the back of my Jeep to the event. This allows me to load the snake with out scraping.
Before I became a proud snake owner I had a Lotus Esprit. I also used the trailer to haul it with no problems. As most know the Esprit is slightly lower than the Viper....
Just take your time loading and unloading and shouldnt have a problem..

Hope this helps

94 Rt/10
Red Trimmed in Yellow
Not to conspicuous (yeah right)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I even had Tony's trailer and My trailer in the driveway one day!

I agree....SLOAN is the way to go, unless you plan to buy a Gen-III ! I went cross country, MI-OR-WA-CA-NV and more. There is NO scraping likely unless you have to unload/load on a slightly "dipped" or "******" area. Seek level ground. Any teensy scrape would indeed be eliminated by a simple 2X6 board to lift the GTS tires just before nose-hit.

What a proud rig too ! Indy-Ram, GTS Blue, Blue trailer, lots of race graphics on it ! I even had a small plane drop out of the sky and FILM me cruising thru South Dakota ! Viper High indeed.

No regrets on a Sloan. (Straps from 1-800-TIE-DOWN)

JonB

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do realize the cost and tow vehicle limits, but why would anyone use an open trailer? I have used an enclosed Haulmark for years, and with a simple extension on the ramp door, I have no clearance problems. (I originally bought it for a Superbird that is now gone, but it has seen Viper duty) It seems to me that all an open trailer does is keep the car from accumulating miles. An enclosed trailer is like a portable garage, keeping weather, and road debris off the car, as well as offering secure storage when parked.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I certainly agree with some of your comments. But,I too have towed my 22' Haulmark at speeds around 80 MPH with a full size Bronco 351...no trouble at all. My trailer also doubles as a great extra garage space. You're right..a box is a box...and I'll take that over an open trailer. When it;s raining ans sloppy..my car may not be "on display"..but it is clean.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
-Tow Vehicle Limitations.....much more aero-efficient with the Sloans and the front faring (Off a semi trailer!) I was able to tow at 90 mph with ease in an IndyRam (1500 short wheelbase!)
-Cost.....SloanS Saved $$$
-Trailer did keep miles off car, and allowed a car on slicks, (unlicensed even), to go to racetracks and/or events with a lot of equip and luggage in the truck. Made Brenda comfortable!
- I added a car cover on overnights...always felt way-more secure when on the trailer than if simply parked in a parking spot.
-Rolling Car Show extraordinaire ! A box is a box.

JonB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine