Transparent Bra Questions?

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am interested in getting a clear bra put on the front of my new Viper before it gets any dings. Does anybody have any strong recommendations on pre-cut kits verses custom? Also, how in the heck do you get the bra into the wells for the fog lights!?! Pictures of other people's installations would be great.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clear bra is a great investment. I would say that custom work is always better but I do not even think there is a kit for the Viper. All the places I called for mine told me they were custom work.

As for the wells and the fog lights, custom work as well. A good shop can get anywhere you tell them. Heck, some of the shop out here can do a whole car without a problem!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a fellow that has contacted my region. I don't have any first hand experience with his product, but you might want to check it out.

Richard Erkelens, SpeedLingerie.com, Inc.

SpeedLingerie.com, Inc. - World's Finest Automotive Bra
1917 Old Middlefield Way Suite#5 Mt.View,CA 94043 USA
Direct:650.964-2584 Fax:650.964.2586
Toll-Free:800.570.1579
www.speedlingerie.com

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These was a real long thread on this last yerar in the srt forums. You might want to email or pm Yelloh to get his take on how he did his car. he told me it came in a kit.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Like the Nike add...JUST DO IT! This is coming from someone who didn't and regerts it everyday. Now this winter I will be having painting done on the front end...Then before next season having it installed.
There are templets for the Viper that some guys use but no pre cut kits that I'm aware of.
I have seen them on a few vipers not sure what you will see with pictures...
Where are you located?
Dave

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the Nike add...JUST DO IT! This is coming from someone who didn't and regerts it everyday. Now this winter I will be having painting done on the front end...Then before next season having it installed.
There are templets for the Viper that some guys use but no pre cut kits that I'm aware of.
Where are you located?
Dave

Dave how are you doing? How did the retread thing ever pan out? Fixed? Hope all is well.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More important than the front end " IMO" is clear bra the under area of the side sills. Mine are shot.
Every new owner should at least clear bra the sills. Dodge should be doing this at the factory.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing under my side sills too....went as far as talking to the folks at 3M that make the tape. They thought the area would get too hot and that it would yellow. It's a been a few years, but they also had the concern that the high heat may cause problems with it getting brittle and being almost impossible to remove later.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote: "More important than the front end " IMO" is clear bra the under area of the side sills. Mine are shot.
Every new owner should at least clear bra the sills. Dodge should be doing this at the factory."
--------------------------------------------------------

Andrew, have you heard of anyone who has got DC to cover this under warranty?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing under my side sills too....went as far as talking to the folks at 3M that make the tape. They thought the area would get too hot and that it would yellow. It's a been a few years, but they also had the concern that the high heat may cause problems with it getting brittle and being almost impossible to remove later.

I was told that High Flow cats were a good idea if I were clear bra-ing the side sills. That way the sills are not nearly as hot but I know a member from NY has plastic on his side sills and they are fine.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote: "More important than the front end " IMO" is clear bra the under area of the side sills. Mine are shot.
Every new owner should at least clear bra the sills. Dodge should be doing this at the factory."

No. But I'm all ears.

As far as the heat yellowing the 3M film. I'd just change it out every few years. Easier than re-painting the whole side and risk the paint not matching.

I'm serious, Dealers should just put it on new Vipers and mark it up.

The GTS and RT/10 has 3M just behind the front wheels. I cooked those and replaced them.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are you located?
Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave how are you doing? How did the retread thing ever pan out? Fixed? Hope all is well.

All fixed...$3900,ouch! :shocked: I tracked the car 2 days after getting it back and then the following day found my self on 287 in a cloud of dust from a dump truck. When I got home and checked out the car there were a ton of stone chips.
I'm told new paint is supposed to cure 30+days. Well, I don't have the disipline to stay away from driving the car for that long. :D My plan is to get the front painted this winter, let it sit and get the bra put on before the spring. Tom Roeller from the NJ club gave me a guys name that comes out to your place to do the bra...here it is if your interested.
Al Boralsky
AB Specialties, LLC
973-615-2872

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that Dave. That really stinks. Happened to me before as well. Really stinks with the trucks. The winter idea is pretty good.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry I did not due it at the time I bought the car but I did not know that it was offered and the dealer did not mention it. All the dealer would have had to do is have me look at the tires in relationship to the side sills and I would have happly paid them to install this film if only they had offered it. There is no paint left on mine after 15,300 miles. The truth is Dc should be covering this problem under warranty and then install the film or some form of mud flaps.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a painted product out there on the market called stone guard or chip guard that can be colored matched. The car factorys use it on a lot of cars and DC should have. When I remove my side sills next time I am going to have them painted with this product.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bra's belong on women but certainly not all women.No way does a prissy bra or for that matter ******* belong on a masculine car like a Viper.Porsche,jag,ferrari well ok.Chips are like scars.They add character.When you or the car end up looking like frankenstein then you get plastic surgery and the car gets a paint job. GTS Bruce

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bra's belong on women but certainly not all women.No way does a prissy bra or for that matter ******* belong on a masculine car like a Viper.Porsche,jag,ferrari well ok.Chips are like scars.They add character.When you or the car end up looking like frankenstein then you get plastic surgery and the car gets a paint job. GTS Bruce

True dat, and forget washing and waxing it as well. That for womens legs and...................well you know. :hitfan:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

No. But I'm all ears.

As far as the heat yellowing the 3M film. I'd just change it out every few years. Easier than re-painting the whole side and risk the paint not matching.

I'm serious, Dealers should just put it on new Vipers and mark it up.

The GTS and RT/10 has 3M just behind the front wheels. I cooked those and replaced them.

I have it on the side sills. I don't know if it's yellowed because the car is yellow. I've had no issues related to heat. When the sills are hot however, the 3M material gets kind of "rubbery". I have to wait for it to cool before a polishing cloth can be run across it smoothly.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lord guys.Stop the Bull ship and find a competent paint shop or keep it in one of those air circulated automotive ****** tents.Absolutely do not drive it.You might have a rock tossed up at the windshield,Brake dust might cover your wheels,a bird might shiX on it.... Bruce

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you could drive around looking like this....

416IMG_2828-med.JPG

At VOI more then 75% of the Gen 3's had chips in the "blue zone". 50% had chips on the leading edge of the "intake'. I am getting the hood done soon. Seems the paint is pretty weak on these cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960