Trigger pulled.....I am now a snake owner!!!!!

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help and input on my new Coupe purchase. This has been an adventure and I am sure there is more fun to come.

I now have a 2006 GTS Blue / Silver stripes coupe in my garage. The dealer here made me an insane deal on the car. I could not pass it up. They even gave me premium pricing on my Vette that I traded in...right time, right place I guess.

The car is fantastic and I can already see a couple of upgrades need to be done soon...(the 4 foot long shifter has got to go!)

Also, a special thanks to

John at Roanoke Dodge
Henry at Ringgold Dodge
Bill at Woodhouse Dodge

You will not go wrong buying from any of them... I was going to, just got a crazy deal. Thanks again guys!

OK...how do I post pics on this board?

RMBSRT(with a big grin :D )- See you in Germany in December!
:usa:

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats! Blue/silver is a beautiful color combination. looking forward to seeing some pics.

----------------------------------------------------------------
1997 GTS B/W
2004 SRT 10 White Mamba
2006 SRT 10 Coupe VCA edition

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 2006 blue/silver coupe. Had it for two months

Not to hard to install-one of my first projects

You can do just a knob like the mgw ,but another fellow and I installed the complete mopar hurst shifter. Really made a difference. We wanted to do the install from underneath but without a lift it made it to difficult so we installed from the top . We had good instructions and all the parts to do the job. You wont be sorry if you do this install. Shifts are smooth much shorter and crisp.

Pic of install

11160Mopar_Hurst_Short_Shifter-med.jpg

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great...where did you get the install instructions? What did the shifter cost you?

:usa:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The instructions & hardware came with the Mopar Hurst Short Shifter. I got mine from Racer Robbie at Atro Racing. He takes the shifter and bluprints and tunes it so it shifts smoothly. You can order the kit or just the shifter. He will also answer any of your install questions. If needed guide you through the install.

If I can be of help let me know.

http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
The instructions & hardware came with the Mopar Hurst Short Shifter. I got mine from Racer Robbie at Atro Racing. He takes the shifter and bluprints and tunes it so it shifts smoothly. You can order the kit or just the shifter. He will also answer any of your install questions. If needed guide you through the install.

If I can be of help let me know.

http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

Is this joke?? Did you pay extra for a "blueprinted shift knob"? I'll sell you one, LOL

The shifter is PERFECTLY FINE straight out of the hurst box, and there is nothing extra to do to it. Buy it on e-bay and save a bunch, or buy an SVS I heard they are great too.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will love the car. It is awesome. Congrats.

Another blue/silver???? I am beginning to wonder if there is some sort of conspiracy to not sell any other colors to board members? I love the color (and almost purchased one myself), but the blu/sil combo seems overwhelmingly overrepresented on this board. I wonder why. Maybe internet users are inately drawn to the color? I really am starting to wonder because I know Dodge made lots of other great colors this year and most are sold, so somebody must have bought them. For instance, I am dying to see a member with a red/silver coupe.

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blue / silver combo was one of the last runs they did on coupes. I looked at a red / silver coupe and it was nice but I will never own a red car again...too many tickets.

My final decision came down to my blue / silver or slate / silver. There was a big price difference so I went with the one I got....and I love it!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ask Robbie to help me. I had major surgery on my neck area a couple of years ago and needed something not to hard to shift and smooth as possible. I drove another SRT with the hurst and it was a little ******* me. This one is smoother and not as hard to shift in gears especially reverse. He told me if I didnt like it I could send it back.

This was just a few dollars more, and also made it a lot better than stock. The other SRT owner said my hurst was a little smoother and not quite as hard to shift as his.

RMBSRT--The silver dash pieces ,I believe, are nice especially with silver stripes. I was going to purchase carbon fiber but jon at parts rack convinced me to get silver since I had silver stripes. Have not regretted the decision -the dash pieces get a lot of comments at car shows.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I ask Robbie to help me. I had major surgery on my neck area a couple of years ago and needed something not to hard to shift and smooth as possible. I drove another SRT with the hurst and it was a little ******* me. This one is smoother and not as hard to shift in gears especially reverse. He told me if I didnt like it I could send it back.

This was just a few dollars more, and also made it a lot better than stock. The other SRT owner said my hurst was a little smoother and not quite as hard to shift as his.

RMBSRT--The silver dash pieces ,I believe, are nice especially with silver stripes. I was going to purchase carbon fiber but jon at parts rack convinced me to get silver since I had silver stripes. Have not regretted the decision -the dash pieces get a lot of comments at car shows.

If you get the shifter and move it around before installation, you'll see how smooth it is, so whatever difference is not the shifter.

Did you change the tranny oil as well? that does make a difference, and I just remindede myself that I should do it. that Purple stuff that Robbie recommends is really good, I've seen it and experienced it on friends' cars.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zorro-I didnt change tranny oil. Wonder what brand tranny oil is in the new Viper. I am having a good Viper mechanic(ab) in Louisville ky to do some work for me next week and I will talk to him about this. The viper only has 2800 miles.

I really like the royal purple. I am going to change engine oil soon and thinking about using RP. But will probably go with mobil 1 syn.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4