Trunk mat doesn't fit?

GTS21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trunk mat doesn\'t fit?

I just received a beautiful tapestry cognac trunk mat from Snake Oyl products, and i'm having a little trouble getting it to fit in the trunk of my 2002 RT/10. It fits perfectly on the right side, but it doesn't clear the amplifier on the driver's side. Without the amplifier, it looks as if it would fit perfectly. Has anyone had this experience? Could I have received a trunk mat designed for a different model year? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eric

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Trunk mat doesn\'t fit?

Eric,

I've got a different manufacturer's version of what you've got. Maybe this is obvious, but did you try forcing the driver's side extension under the amp? If I remember correctly, there's enough space to force/slide it under the amp. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
G

GTS21

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CitySnake; That did the trick. It's a tight fit, but the mat does slide under the amp. Looks a lot cleaner under the amp than bunched up against it. I've got to say, the mat itself really is a work of art! Really helps to finish the trunk. I sort of miss the finished look of the trunk of my GTS. Thanks.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Post some pics if you are able and if you get a chance! I've never seen a Cognac trunk mat.