'Trust's Remote Mount TT Viper

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To my knowledge, there hasn't been a kit built like this on the Viper to date. We wanted to do something that was unique to the Viper community as well as quality that was second to none. I honestly think we acheived this on Reza's car. It still has some things we'd like to do such as heads/custom turbo cam, etc, but everything considered everyone involved has been very pleased.

Summary of the build:
--Reza drops off car to our shop
--Buys used turbo setup that doesn't work:(
--We decide to build something one off and unique
--Go to tune and oil pump doesn't agree and lose some bearings in motor
--Decide while it's down it needs AEM, built motor, different housings
--Get it all back together and tune car for pump
--13psi, 11.5* timing, hot weather make 921/906...Not bad for stock heads!
--Tuning on C16 soon!

Here is a link to a more detailed version of the build. Hope you enjoy!
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1426882-trusts-viper-gts-tt-v-2-i-know-not-lsx.html

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow that looks like a lot of work went into that project! Congrats!
I would probably think you would want to extend the air filters with another section of pipe back under
the center of the car so the dirt from the tires doesnt go directly into the filters. I assume there is a hole cut for air
behind the wheels?
I also have the same nitrous plate setup from daves nitrous outlet.
cheers bro :headbang:

Last edited:

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Looks incredible!

I did get a chuckle that it was posted on ls1tech :)

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing build. Any photos that show how you routed the charge pipes up to the engine underneath the car? What's the ground clearance on all of those pipes when the car's sitting on the ground? I've contemplated doing a rear mount single turbo setup for some time now.

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing build. Any photos that show how you routed the charge pipes up to the engine underneath the car? What's the ground clearance on all of those pipes when the car's sitting on the ground? I've contemplated doing a rear mount single turbo setup for some time now.

All the piping either runs down the tunnel or the side sills, nothing hangs lower than the bell housing on the trans. The cold side piping by the IC is the same coupling on the ART Car and Hennessy kits. The car will more than likely get a larger front mount over the winter some adjustments to the cold side.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool project and congratulations on the great numbers thus far! For oiling the turbos, did you just run braided lines back there or did you plumb up some sort of a dry sump system?

Regards,
Aaron

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool project and congratulations on the great numbers thus far! For oiling the turbos, did you just run braided lines back there or did you plumb up some sort of a dry sump system?

Regards,
Aaron

Thanks. It has -an lines that go to the turbos and it is pumped back by the scavenge pump, no dry sump.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's always nice to see people do stuff new.

The laggy spool is due to the turbos being so far away from the head.

But with 900rwhp+ on 91....that's good enough for street use. Your next mod will be a TR6060.

You have a awesome looking GTS.

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's always nice to see people do stuff new.

The laggy spool is due to the turbos being so far away from the head.

But with 900rwhp+ on 91....that's good enough for street use. Your next mod will be a TR6060.

You have a awesome looking GTS.

More than likely true, but on the street it sees full boost/spool at 3,500, I feel it's more of a loading issue. It's moving a column of air in the hotside, whether that column of air occupies a 6" pipe or a 120" pipe. 6060 will definitely be needed soon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave