TUBES & FILTERS or CONES?

SSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most retain their factory airbox and replace the tubes & filters. I see some with the chrome tubes & big cones minus the airbox. I believe the intense heat trapped under the hood would rob performance with the cones. I would like to upgrade, but am uncertain. Is the exposed cones just a poser? Or should my box be moded to enhance the smooth tubes & K&N filters? I have a gen 1 and may instaal the NACA duct. Any help out there?

Thank You

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well Sean Roe thinks that he cones take in all the heat from the radiator so he suggests stock airbox with smooth tubes chrome or silicone and filters thats what i have and im happy with it

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well Sean Roe thinks that he cones take in all the heat from the radiator so he suggests stock airbox with smooth tubes chrome or silicone and filters thats what i have and im happy with it

DITTO on what STUGOTS said....go with smooooooth tubes and K&amp;N's over the cones, your engine will not enjoy inhaling the warm air from the engine compartment with the cones <font color="red"> </font> .