Turbo NSX vs. My 2001 Viper RT-10

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wcZpDMdDWA
Was not my fastest run and was certainly not his fastest. His best was 12.5 at 115mph that I saw. This run he ran 13.4 at 111mph. I ran 12.6 at 116mph. I am running the stock Michelin's that were manufactured in 1997 so I can't launch the car at all. Still my best was 12.4 at 115mph.

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'll go first why are you still running original tires especially racing ? :dunno: Oh and good job:2tu:

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was definitely way too loose on that start; he needs better tires, but specifically, so do you. That's dangerous man.

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'll go first why are you still running original tires especially racing ? :dunno: Oh and good job:2tu:

I have racing rims with sticky tires on them; however, my left rear rim has a couple pin holes in it so it lets all the air out. I am in the process of getting them fixed. So for the time being, I've got the crap tires on that I never use.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was definitely way too loose on that start; he needs better tires, but specifically, so do you. That's dangerous man.

+1 Did the NSX even clean clean the tires off after driving through the water? Still must be great to run at Indy!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice....I'm assuming yours is stock. Suprised the NSX had such a bad launch, being mid-engined with the weight in the back.

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice....I'm assuming yours is stock. Suprised the NSX had such a bad launch, being mid-engined with the weight in the back.

Mine is pretty close to stock. I have a minor tune and exhaust but that is it. My problem is my car red lines and the rev limiter kicks in about 40ft before the end of the 1/4. I think with better gearing it could run a little better.

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is pretty close to stock. I have a minor tune and exhaust but that is it. My problem is my car red lines and the rev limiter kicks in about 40ft before the end of the 1/4. I think with better gearing it could run a little better.

I'm not entirely surprised. He was putting down 380hp to the wheels and had stripped it down to 2,700lbs.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always loved the look of the NSX (especially with the Wings West lower body pieces), and looked at picking one up, but they just don't make any power. They handle great (for a car of it's time), but it seems even the supercharged/turbo ones are still extremely weak in the motor dept.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always loved the look of the NSX (especially with the Wings West lower body pieces), and looked at picking one up, but they just don't make any power. They handle great (for a car of it's time), but it seems even the supercharged/turbo ones are still extremely weak in the motor dept.

They still look great and even rarer than a Viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang