Twin Supercharger Package Revealed! (Pics)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan..Unbelievably spectacular. Don't know what it is about those 2 beautiful blowers, but they seem to be just right hanging off the front of that V-10. Know it is a lot of hard work to R&D such a system. Hope it is a great success. Please keep us posted.
cool.gif

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even the word Awesome is an understatement!

Everyone will want details about HP gains, ease of installation and price as the info becomes available.
BURNOUT.gif

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome!! What are the Dyno numbers and the Dollar numbers?? Could you email them to me?
Thanks
Casey

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is really great looking. Dan, where is the aluminum cross support that usually goes through the area where the turbos are? Did you substitute the mounting brackets for the cross support? Don't even know if it is needed ---

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Nice looking install and great work. I do have a couple questions though.

What is the reasoning behind using two superchargers instead of just one? I'm guessing the reliable level of boost that these will be run at could be handled by a single head unit? As TurboSnake mentioned, there would seem to be an increase of parasitic loss due to the crank having to spin two units.

-Matt

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt:
Dan,

Nice looking install and great work. I do have a couple questions though.

What is the reasoning behind using two superchargers instead of just one? I'm guessing the reliable level of boost that these will be run at could be handled by a single head unit? As TurboSnake mentioned, there would seem to be an increase of parasitic loss due to the crank having to spin two units.

-Matt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOVELTY
smile.gif

No, there must be some reasoning behind it but i'll let Dan explain that one because i have no idea!

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Why two and not one? Sure, twin turbos are nice, but they are effective. Twin superchargers seems like a waste, not to mention adding so much weight ahead of the front wheels.

How do you balance the airflow output between the two so that the engine receives a balanced airflow. From your pictures you seem to be using just a ribbed belt. Without having an equal belt contact and tension on each pulley, the superchargers can and most likely will spin at different rates due to slippage and belt harmonics. That is a huge reason why every racer with a 1200+ HP 5.0 uses one supercharger and a cog belt.

What kind of bypass valve are you using for compressor surge with such large units? It looks like an engine for bragging rights. When you finish it, bring it to Texas. At least then someone with a Supercharged Viper will Show up to race the Fastest Vipers in the World!!

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
How do you balance the airflow output between the two so that the engine receives a balanced airflow.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In one of the other pictures it is more clear, but there appears to be a balance tube just ahead of the throtte bodies to address this issue.

-Matt