Twin Turbo'd Gen VI

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont track my ACR much and was thinking of sending it to USA to slap a couple of turbos on it . Nothing too extreme i want something in the range of 900- 1000 hp but in a reliable and trouble free (lol) package .
Any experience with similar projects on ACRs or Gen 4 vipers ? which one is considered the best out there ? UGR , heffner or anyone else ??

Thanks for your help .

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Man, you've got some cajones if you are driving your Viper around Cairo. Egypt has some of the worst drivers on the planet.

Anyway, for TT's, yeah, UGR or Heffner are your best bets.

For SC's, get in touch with Doug Levin.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id also check with doug leven at DLM performance in davie florida. he does some amazing turbo work

his site is not up to date but the contact info is there for ya. hes pretty much the only one id let touch my viper for turbo's.

Doug Levin Motorsports

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While Underground Racing and Doug Leven are respected tuners you need to consider that Heffner Performance has more miles on his twin turbo systems than all of the above mentioned tuners combined.

Jason also has more twin turbo cars roaming the earth than any other tuner mentioned in this thread.

Heffner Performance

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Heffner even done a TT Gen 4 Viper? As far as I know, UGR has a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty for their kits, and they have worked with John Reed to develop the Motec for the Gen 4 Viper. I believe RSI has done at least one ACR TT Kit, but UGR is the only one that I've seen actually advertise their Gen 4 kit. I believe the kit from UGR is in the ballpark of $50,000 with a fully built 522cid motor, and not sure how much a Motec adds to that cost. UGR cars are around 1000whp on pump gas, and I believe the 08 Viper they have made 1400whp on race gas. Daily driveable without any issue, so definitely give Kevin at UGR a call.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only tuner I am aware of that has produced a reliable twin turbo Gen IV to date is Underground racing. They did it with a built engine and the addition of a Motec controller. To my knowledge, it cannot be done with a stock engine and only the OEM controller. I believe that a tuner in N.Y. also posted that he was working on one but also using a built motor. There is no way to "slap a couple turbos on" a gen IV. See the thread entitled "First Twin Turbo Gen IV." It is in the SRT 10 forum.

Last edited:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an 06 Motor they did, all finished nicely (cosmetically as well)

You must be registered for see images attach

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, here is the 08 car, with a link to a video ;)

08 TT Viper *PICTURES*

Here are some pictures of our 08 TT Viper. This is the first one known of that is running with a power adder and full control over the cam and drive by wire throttle bodies. I must say that we are very impressed with the 08 platform after it got the TT treatment with the full built stroker engine. Power on pump gas heat soaked is 1000 RW with around 11 psi. 19 psi we made close to 1300 heat soaked. The system also has the Underground Racing/John Reed Motec system onboard! John did a great job on the Motec set up! The TT 08 Viper drives just as it did stock! More information will be released soon.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow , nice car !

thanks guys for all the help , i am starting research on the UGR builds and will probably contact them very soon.

:drive:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Underground (76 or 78's?), RSI, and Hennessey (GT35R) have done a TT Gen4 as far as I know.

I'm sure any of the top tuners could do one for you.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While Underground Racing and Doug Leven are respected tuners you need to consider that Heffner Performance has more miles on his twin turbo systems than all of the above mentioned tuners combined.

Jason also has more twin turbo cars roaming the earth than any other tuner mentioned in this thread.

Heffner Performance

Has Heffner even built a TT viper in the last few years?

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i drove a Ferrari 360 in Cario and it was all over place sometimes.

roads are very slippery there !

imagine that with a car known for its low torque outputs ! be careful

and good luck UGR builds are high quality.

OP
OP
A

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i drove a Ferrari 360 in Cario and it was all over place sometimes.

roads are very slippery there !

imagine that with a car known for its low torque outputs ! be careful

and good luck UGR builds are high quality.

yes you are right , most of the roads are slippery , my 550 hp evo goes side ways when boost hits in 1st and second . the viper isnt any better too .

But i am thinking about lowering boost through 1st 2 gears then giving it some in the rest of the gears . Or maybe keeping the car as it is and buying a 2010 M3 coupe to drive daily like one of my friends suggested .

:dunno::dunno:still thinking !

Last edited:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Heffner even built a TT viper in the last few years?

Yes

While Heffner Performance's product line has diversified greatly from the days of TT Viper after TT Viper, he is still currently building / working on them.

Recently one of his customers ran a personal best of 7.68 @ 188 and a 7.71 @ 190 in a Heffner built / tuned / managed Viper Twin Turbo.

His shop is always full of some really amazing builds that include Viper, Ford GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, Murcielago and Audi R8.

and for the person who started this thread...

One nice luxury Viper owners have is the choice of more than one high quality tuner. That Underground Racing TT pictured is really sweet uh? I think so too.

Lastly, I would highly suggest calling each one and talking with them. Go with the one that gives you the greatest peace for what you want to do.

Good luck with your decision. :2tu:

OP
OP
A

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes

While Heffner Performance's product line has diversified greatly from the days of TT Viper after TT Viper, he is still currently building / working on them.

Recently one of his customers ran a personal best of 7.68 @ 188 and a 7.71 @ 190 in a Heffner built / tuned / managed Viper Twin Turbo.

His shop is always full of some really amazing builds that include Viper, Ford GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, Murcielago and Audi R8.

and for the person who started this thread...

One nice luxury Viper owners have is the choice of more than one high quality tuner. That Underground Racing TT pictured is really sweet uh? I think so too.

Lastly, I would highly suggest calling each one and talking with them. Go with the one that gives you the greatest peace for what you want to do.

Good luck with your decision. :2tu:

will probably do that soon.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope when the GEN VI comes out it will have a stock TT from the factory. :) For now we have to settle with Gen IVs and aftermarket TTs.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes you are right , most of the roads are slippery , my 550 hp evo goes side ways when boost hits in 1st and second . the viper isnt any better too .

But i am thinking about lowering boost through 1st 2 gears then giving it some in the rest of the gears . Or maybe keeping the car as it is and buying a 2010 M3 coupe to drive daily like one of my friends suggested .

:dunno::dunno:still thinking !

i agree boost by gear will aid and help stability, the amount of torque the stock viper produce down low is no joke, yet a TT viper !

when i was there i enjoyed few runs at the ring road near the Mubarak Academy and accelerate inside the tunnels for some sound fun at night, third gear got me sides ways sometimes but it was fun.

Drive safe.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Bought an 06 that was built in 06. Car drives like stock, & spins the tires (Stock/Runcraps) in 3rd.gear. Very satisfied with set up

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Underground's quality is the best out there period. Toby Heffner hasn't built the most turbos out there. You have no idea how many Underground has built.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Underground's quality is the best out there period. Toby Heffner hasn't built the most turbos out there. You have no idea how many Underground has built.

Hey Brian

I was waiting for one of you guys.......:lmao:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows how many have been built by each tuner. I have an UGR car, have 2 others being built now. I like a warranty on a build, which they offer. I would REALLY suggest going and visiting a tuner if you're going to spend that type of money. Going to the shops, IMO, would settle it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4