Uconnect update

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had my u connect patch done. My gps quit working after. Anyone have any issues like this or otherwise?

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it still not working? On the other forums there were people talking about having issues this past weekend, but they haven't really experienced anything since. We were wondering if it was just a network/etc issue at that time.

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it still not working? On the other forums there were people talking about having issues this past weekend, but they haven't really experienced anything since. We were wondering if it was just a network/etc issue at that time.
Well I hope it was just the weather, moon etc lol. After we got home my husband killed the car and cranked it again and it was fine. However, I called the dealer that did the patch and told them what was going on and he said "some of the trucks have had that issue and have had to replace the radio completely, because the
patch messed up the software in the radio and locked it up. So fingers crossed it was a fluke.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I have one of those trucks, patch installed, no issues

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one of those trucks, patch installed, no issues
Thank Goodness Viper Jeff. Mine picked the absolute worst time to bug out. It was on I-20 during a wreck that had traffic backed up for miles. I couldn't find
alternate routes or anything. I hope it was a one time thing.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I always have a backup..... I keep an atlas in my truck