Underground Racing Crushes Street Tire Record

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Underground Racing crushed the previous street tire quarter mile record yesterday in an SRT TT coupe. They ran a 9.88 at 158.8 on 20 inch street tires. They were hitting nine second runs on both P Zeros and Nitto's. That's hauling the mail on street rubber. Here's the time slip that was posted on another site.
SLIP.JPG

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what would have been the times had Jason entered this even? Seems he has built many cars breaking records. Seems Underground knows how to build an engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBEeo6l3a6s

......without street tires.

That's the old record holder for an automatic on slicks. Underground now holds that record too. Underground has the record for a six speed on slicks also. Are you starting to see a pattern here?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not an "official" recond unless he does it at the V-10 Nationals/Bradenton Annual Drag Race. More to follow.....................

:D :D :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i still say take kevin and 1TONY1 out of that record breaking stuff. those 2 are just sick when it comes to driving. its not far to the rest of the guys.....:)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats crazy fast on street tires, 20" tires even harder to beleive. Very nice work from the guys at UGR.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. I look forward to seeing you do it again, but at Bradenton. I'll even loan you some tires...in fact, I insist.

If it's OK, mine won't have www.trackclaw.com on them. :2tu:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats to UGR. These guys are building very fast cars. 9's on a street tire is just nutz. 15xmph...that's just d@mn fast for a street car.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. I look forward to seeing you do it again, but at Bradenton. I'll even loan you some tires...in fact, I insist.

If it's OK, mine won't have www.trackclaw.com on them. :2tu:

I just spoke with Kevin. He as assured me that his 9 sec. run was above board and without reproach...on off the shelf 20" tires.

My apologies...Congrats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960