Uneven brake ware...Is this normal??? (PICS)

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just changed my front pads and rotors. When I took the old pads out I noticed the pads were worn very unevenly. The drive side pads had much more pad left compared to the passenger side. Also, on the passenger side, the outer pad was more worn then the inner.

Is this common? I would suspect not. The old pads were EBC Greens on stock rotors. The rotors were the originals from when the car was new. The car is a 2000 GTS w/ 45k miles.

The car always behaved normally when braking. Never pulled to one side or the other. The only thing I noticed was that the passenger side front wheelthrow more dust as opposed to the other three wheels.

In the pics below you can see the difference.

You must be registered for see images

Passanger side

You must be registered for see images

Drivers side

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car was either tracked or the previous owner always had a large passenger in the car.:omg:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What color shade of white are the "VIPER" words on the calipers? Also, when was the last time the brake fluid was changed?

OP
OP

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car was either tracked or the previous owner always had a large passenger in the car.:omg:

Car was not tracked. Most of the time the passanger side was empty.

What color shade of white are the "VIPER" words on the calipers? Also, when was the last time the brake fluid was changed?

Both sides are the same shade of white. The brake fluid was changes about a year ago at Doug Levin's shop.

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Chuck. Even if the car was tracked, the brake pads should wear the same on both sides of the car. . . I would rebuild both calipers to be on the safe side, and have baseline starting point to see if the problem continues.