Update XM Radio in Viper

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a few months now that I've had XM radio in my RT/10 and have had no "side effects" to report. After my first post on the subject, someone replied by saying the internally mounted XM antenna was causing them headaches. I simply don't believe it.

Mind you, I HAVE HAD some positive news to report from being turned on to XM Radio. First thing I did was went out and bought the stock. Symbol XMR. which promptly doubled and I took my profits.

The other major beni has been my discovery of a very sweet band of channels in the channel 40-52 range. Let me tell you, these guys play "album rock" and not just the singles, but some of the cooler obscure stuff which you haven't heard in ages. Just surfing that bandwidth in half an hour today I heard: King Crimson, Rossington Collins, Dave Mason, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Riot (not Quiet Riot) Grace Jones, Boz Scaggs and Zebra.
I don't know about you, but I don't hear those bands every day, not even on the local classic rock station. Hey, to each his own. My 2c.

P.S. Good luck in the raffle
smile.gif

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which controller are you using? Is it a separate piece visible to potential thieves or a replacement head unit? Exactly where is your antenna mounted & how big is it?

Glad you're having such a good experience. I'm trying to decide between XM & Sirius and, despite higher monthly fee, have been leaning toward Sirius due to greater number of commercial-free stations (though fewer overall number of stations, I believe).

Thanks

P.S. Not sure what stock you made nice profit on but XM's symbol is XMSR. Like so many other stocks, XM's & Sirius's share prices have taken a big-time beating from their all-time double digit highs. Wasn't good to be an early adopter of their equities!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An obscure Emerson Lake and Palmer cut would be "pirates". I never hear that anywhere. I'm going to go find the CD. I always liked it.

OP
OP
V

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few months back I posted some shots of the intall. All in all, I thought it was a pretty tight job. The antenna head is located on the rear console between the seats (in front of the rear plexi glass) The antenna head itself is smaller than the size of a fist.

Yes, the symbol of the stock is infact XMSR. I got in and out of the issue this summer. There was alot of hype about XM being becoming "standard" with many new car sales. The stock moved from approximately $3 - $6 in a short period.

Whether you get the service is really personal choice. Here in South Florida we've lost alot of good radio stations including WSHE, the old ZETA 4, and 97GTR. We're left with a surprisingly lack luster selection of radio stations playing album rock with the exception of one Palm Beach station, that I can't always pick up. I'm really glad I got the XM.

The other day I heard a double shot of Blackfoot on XM. I hadn't heard the band in ages. Instead of playing their single "Train Train", they aired a couple covers: Wishing Well (Free) and I've got a line on you (Spirit) Good stuff.
smile.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra