upgrading stereo

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, your limited in the RT/10. Trunk is out and putting woofers between the seats nets you ZERO air space and no non directional bass response. To get the best sound, TOP on AND OFF, I put a Rockford Fosgate 8" Subwoofer (only required .3 cuft for optimal bass box) in the passenger foot well area tucked against the center column and attached w/ Velcro. Sounded awesome! Real Thumper. I could've gotten a 10" to fit, but a passenger would have really been cramped. By the way, the 8" really doesn't hinder a passengers feet much. And get a nice amp to run it also. You can use any subwoofer, just make sure it requires as little cuft area as possible.

Hope that helped.. I have some quick pics if you'd like them
Gerald

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing what Gerald did. I tried a lot of combinations with custom boxes inbetween the seats to get some bass. Didn't work. Now I'm putting a 10" in the passenger footwell. Hope to be done in the next week or so. Just having the box made for a Phoenix Gold driver to fit down there.

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another suggestion (one that I am very happy with) is to put a bass tube in the car. I put an 8" Bazooka in the passenger footwell and the sound is phenomenal. If I had only gotten half the sound I did, I would be happy with it! I just wanted something to add some depth to the sound without spending enormous $$$ and / or heavily modifying the car.

It is mounted toward the middle of the car and although there is some footspace lost, it is minimal in my opinion. Even my brother in law who is 6'4" has no problme driving over there. I do though take it out for longer trips just to free up all the space possible.

Another side note, it sounds almost just as good with the top off as on!