UPS damaged HRE rim and is refusing to pay!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Slowing down the workload would mean decreased volume,difficulties in meeting time commitments on packages and lost business to our competitors...."

You don't want to slow down the total workload,
You want to slow down the workload per employee.

I know that would cost more. I know many people shop, price only, when they ship.
I'm not one of them.
I'm saying that I would pay more for more reliable shipping.

Look, UPS already gives customers the option of paying higher rates for faster delivery. Some people will pay quite a bit more for faster delivery.

How about if UPS offered an option of "increased probability of delivery"?
We could call it IPOD, that's a catchy name.

The UPS store guy would ask, "do you want to IPOD that package Sir?"
"I can give you 98% for an extra $2".

Wow, what a great idea. I should be in marketing.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, I was not trying to cause a long string....the only problem as I see it is the rules of this forum is not to bash an individual/company because you want to "vent" some frustration, THEN when you get "the rest of the story" you find that extenuating circumstances added to the dilemma...but there is never any further post as to the REAL problems, but a company or individual gets bashed on the website....several other people jump on the band wagon and this is not the use of this forum....just my $.02...thanks Denny

OP
OP
D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the story continues, Now UPS is telling the shipper that they can not inspect the rim here, but I must pay to package and ship back to him. They will inspect there and reimburse me if they agree on the damage. So I guess UPS only has damage inspection crews in southern california? Denny- you sent me emails and I appreciate your info, but this is the whole story- I am not bashing anyone. The truth is I have a ruined $2000 rim and I am having to jump thur hoops to try and get this resolved.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told you so..... Man, I feel for you dude.... My sanity was more important than the $100 damages to the package I received. I ended up having the amp repaired and footing the bill. I usually don't give in, but sometimes you have to grit your teeth and bare it....

Now $2,000, that would have been a different story. My sanity is not worth that much.... LOL

Hang in there.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, I was not trying to cause a long string....the only problem as I see it is the rules of this forum is not to bash an individual/company because you want to "vent" some frustration, THEN when you get "the rest of the story" you find that extenuating circumstances added to the dilemma...but there is never any further post as to the REAL problems, but a company or individual gets bashed on the website....several other people jump on the band wagon and this is not the use of this forum....just my $.02...thanks Denny

What are you the forum police now? I don't see anyone bashing a company, or stating something that is not true.

It appears to me UPS damaged something and is trying to shift blame which is typical of them.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This does not surprise me! UPS ***** ! I'm in Prosthetics and Orthotics, mainly pediatric. I have had to ship appliances to patients and things have just gotten lost. They are not responsible, difficult to communicate with, and very difficult with which solve problems. They have lost items I have shipped to patients, and even the "signature required" box that is checked is B.S. Half the times they just leave the packages at the door even though they are not supposed to, and they have had the nerve to tell me that they are not responsible to get signatures if the people are not home.

Keep after them! Don't let them breath. Hound them until you are satisfied! Go from supervisor to supervisor, whatever is necessary.

Andrew

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denny,
You are dead wrong on this one.
The story I told about UPS crushing my package is true. I only brought it up to point out a case of a UPS problem without "the rest of the story".

This forum is a perfect place to warn people abut what can happen when they ship items through UPS, or any shipper.

You are serving as the "company answer man".

The problem here, as I see it, is that all you have to add is that UPS doesn't want to spend the money to get good employees and we shouldn't talk about problems.

Sorry Denny, that's not what anyone else wants.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This does not surprise me! UPS ***** ! I'm in Prosthetics and Orthotics, mainly pediatric. I have had to ship appliances to patients and things have just gotten lost. They are not responsible, difficult to communicate with, and very difficult with which solve problems. They have lost items I have shipped to patients, and even the "signature required" box that is checked is B.S. Half the times they just leave the packages at the door even though they are not supposed to, and they have had the nerve to tell me that they are not responsible to get signatures if the people are not home.

Andrew
Feel free to ship with someone else............ It happens with all carriers.
Better yet.....drive it there yourself. That will probably be your only gaurantee it arrives safely.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the "signature required" box that is checked is B.S. Half the times they just leave the packages at the door even though they are not supposed to, and they have had the nerve to tell me that they are not responsible to get signatures if the people are not home.

Keep after them! Don't let them breath. Hound them until you are satisfied! Go from supervisor to supervisor, whatever is necessary.

Andrew
Please Andrew, if you are going to bash UPS at least get your facts straight.
If you were up to date on todays modern technology you would know that for the last several years if you wanted to send a signature required pkg. there is an option to have the printed barcode, when scanned by the driver, makes it absolutely necessary to obtain a physical signature on the electronic board(diad) he uses. He will NOT be able to complete that stop until a signature is on it.
No driver in his right mind will forge a signature on that board and risk losing his job......it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Also there are 30 plus supervisors "working" at my building at any given shift. Your advice to go from supervisor to supervisor also is not very good.
A better bet would be to go to the center manager or even better yet the building manager but of course you seem to know exactly how UPS works!
Again it would be nice if you had your facts straight.
Maybe I should bash your company without knowing too much about it and put the blame on you for screwing up the fit of my fathers prosthetic leg he needed when amputated because of diabetes. Maybe I should say your Company *****.
Your ignorance both amazes and amuses me :2tu:
Well.....it's late and I am tired, so I need to rest up so I have the energy in the morning to put my steel tipped shoes through some more of your pkgs. tomorrow :D
Be sure to give a nice wave when you see me on the streets :headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc