V12 option in Viper

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to the local drag strip test and tune, poser of course, and
had a group of about 12 young (19-21)come up and want to see the car and motor. Like all of us here I was happy to comply. After the normal comments of "cool" etc, one Mr. Motorhead started telling everyone about the fact that all of the really fast Vipers have the V12 motor. How did I miss this on the order form? I just stood there and shook my head, dumb me for not checking the V12 box on mine. Now Im jealous of all you V12 owners, I guess its time to trade up.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is strange, just yesterday, I just had someone ask about the V12 option.

He seemed so sure, in a nice way, I thought DAMNNN there are only V10s ummmmmm right.
biggrin.gif

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last week at the local strip I redneck asked me if mine was the v12 version.. no sir it's not, they didn't make one. oh yes they did it was a limited production car.. DUMBA$$!!!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hah. I've had a guy tell me (as I'm standing by my Viper) that they know a guy whose brother has an all-wheel-drive Viper with twin turbos and an automatic. I just smiled at him and started talking to someone else. There's plenty of B.S. out there, and the Viper attracts it as surely as it does the simply curious.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, Ben, that's hilarious! I've heard my share of BS from kids I know, but what takes the cake is the time I was asked "Did you read about the Hennessey Venom 800? It had a turbo Ferrari V-12, and when they put it on the track, it blew up". I'm not kidding, he actually said that..

Whats funny is that when you try to refute the BS, they don't listen. Like automatics from the factory, "oh, that was limited production", LOL!

TOO FUNNY!!
smile.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIPR GTS:
Went to the local drag strip test and tune, poser of course, and
had a group of about 12 young (19-21)come up and want to see the car and motor. Like all of us here I was happy to comply. After the normal comments of "cool" etc, one Mr. Motorhead started telling everyone about the fact that all of the really fast Vipers have the V12 motor. How did I miss this on the order form? I just stood there and shook my head, dumb me for not checking the V12 box on mine. Now Im jealous of all you V12 owners, I guess its time to trade up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that ***** for you guys, mine's a V12, LOL! I've had this question before too, weird?! I think I mentioned this phenomenon before, and when I correct people, they seem to be thinking I don't know what I'm talking about and I got screwed, but hey, who's the person in the conversation with a viper that should know?!?!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a V-28 Viper. It is twin supercharged and twin turbocharged. For extra power I strapped a jet engine off of an F16 on the roof! To top it all off I run 91 california pump gas. The car has AWD and the tires are extra wide. They are 445/20R22s. Wanna see? Sorry no pics.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, my neighbor said "that's got a V-12 in it, right?" just yesterday. I said, "No, it's actually a rotary engine", just kidding with him.

As long as they don't think that it has a V6 or turbo 4.

V10s are unusual outside of racing, but I've read that both BMW and Porsche are planning on coming out with V10 engines for their top-end cars in the next couple years, so then there will be more 10 cylinder motored cars out to keep us company then.

-Dean.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal favorite two comments:

"We had a Hennessey 650 in the shop where I work. It had that V10 in it (impling that a V10 was unusual -- this was said to me at the drag strip)."

"Is that an automatic? (or, just as common) "Does your's have a stick?"

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I love Vipers, know alot about them, is yours brand new??"

hmmmmm.............

cruising Grand Bend strip today was asked if it was a stick at least 10 times, thankfully from none of the self-proclaimed Viper gurus!

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan man, go to bed, it's 1:30 for god sake.

smile.gif

Truly sorry I missed out today (I though Sean was going with?) **** weather making me wonder *** is going on at any given time...

Check the new sig.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Humor is the best form of medicine!!!

Monday is a holiday over here, paid even, so sleep is not in the cards as of yet.........fun day today, best yet in the car, we have to get together and do that run up there, awesome!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that all the time! I just tell people it's a kit car on a Volkswagen platform. My favorite is "DUDE, How much is your payment?" I say that I don't have a payment, I won it in a contest from the back of a cereal box.
wink.gif

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember a guy stopped me to talk about vieprs for a while and told me about his uncle's 94 GTS. I asked him if he was sure about the year because they started making them in 96 but he quickly corrected me and told me it was a 94. I guess you learn something new every day.

I went to a friends house and parked the viper right in front of his house. Some more people came over and said that there was a viper parked outside. Someone told the guys that it was mine. The guys turned around said that it was a nice car but wondered why it was an automatic. Auto? What?

Last friday I brought my viper to Bob's Big Boy where a lot of hot rods and old cars meet up every friday afternoon. I have a VEC-1 and have the fuel/air gauge mounted on top of my steering colume. I was walked around and heard some kid telling his mom that there was a racing viper that had little red, orange, yellow, green, and blue lights in it. Appearantly what I learned from overhearing this conversation is that when I want to go faster, I should make the lights get brighter. The brighter lights mean that I am making more power. When I am just tooling around I can let the lights stay dim. I'll try that one.

At the same Big Boy's night, my friend and I got hungry and rather then wait 45 minutes to be served inside we just had our food outside. I put a towel on my trunk and we put the food on the towel. A little kid came up and told us that we should never eat on a car like that. My friend said, "It's just a car" The kid turned and gave her a really mean look and stomped off. To which I replied to my friend, "Dude(ette), it's not JUST a car."

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about the other night. Myself and a couple of other guys were sitting around in a parking lot when a chick walked up to look at our cars. She said she used to have one. She said it was a 94, blue with white stripes, convertible. After she said that, we decided to have some fun with her, so we told her to pop the hood on my buddies' car. She couldn't find the door knob on the outside for some odd reason. I told her the release was under the sidepipes. Anyway, she finally got it after about 20 minutes of hints. "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" is out. I will now say "More fun than watching a white trash stripper try to pop the hood on a Viper".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's weird. I had someone ask me if I got the "V12 Option". Where are they coming up with this stuff. One guy makes it up and it travels the nation?

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are lucky, my local dealer asked me if mine was the V8. I can only wish for the 4 extra cylinders of the V12. I always get the is it stick or auto and the no winfamous speakers on the hood.

Makara was that the Bobs in Burbank???

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FUSCUCLA1:

Makara was that the Bobs in Burbank???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you should check it out. Jay Leno shows up once in a while. When you free up from school we should meet up there.