Value of Yellow 96/97 5-Spoke Wheels?

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the going prices are for the Yellow 5-spokes that came on the '96 Red RT/10's and a few of the 97 GTS cars?

I was home for the holidays and my Dad reminded me I had a set stored in his garage and asked what I wanted to do with them. Given the size and weight I'm not sure it's worth the headache to try and sell/ship them. I'm thinking of just pulling the old tires off them and sticking them in the attic.

I know most people weren't really a fan of these wheels and many were stripped down and chromed. I liked them, but eventually swapped them out for BBS LMs before selling the car.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you find someone who wants the Mc-Look (I assume these are the Ketchup/Mustard wheels?), You might move them for 4-500 to someone who wanted them for a spare set and could paint 'em. Wish I could be more encouraging....I recently sold a set of forged Gen 2's for 4400 just to unclutter my garage.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are convinced that they are a low demand item, and it sounds like you are, take the going rate of reg Gen 2 wheels, subtract the cost of stripping and clearing the yellow ones, and that should represent their current value in yellow.

Bottom line is most OE Gen 2 wheels except the BBS are not worth much at all. Even the factory clear ones.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I sold my spare set of yellows, I got $1550 for the set. This was mid-2010. One wheel had 1 small curb rash mark. They were sold to a new McV owner who wanted them b/c the set of yellows on the car had faded pretty bad over time. He was a GA guy, so no shipping was involved.

At the same time, Jon B had a mint set that he said he wouldn't take under $2k for.

Place a VCA classifieds ad and see what offers you get. If you only get offers in the $400-500 range, I'd keep them in the attic if they aren't taking up valuable space and hope the future is kinder to the values than current times are.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To support the growing collector crowd here, I would speculate that given it sounds like there are still premium sets available, that the only way you'll get premium money for them in your lifetime is if they too are premium.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang