Values of coupes since no 07 and new 08 are coming

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the last week 10 or so 06 srtc's sold via manheim...mileages were all very low, 1500 or less. the lowest price is the one I should have bought at 57250..from there they sold at 62,65,65,66,67 and 71
as a side note, I belive I drove that red one at srt experience and beat the living snot out of it...maybe its a good thing I didnt buy it!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In looking to replace my totalled red/silver/5 spoke I saw 3 red/silver go on autotrader this week, all low miles. Called two of them, same story, just bought at chicago auction, chrysler company cars, display, demo etc., great cars they all said. Thought good prices, savings would help get 5 spokes. Ran the vin on 2 and traced back to dealer who prepped in FL near Sebring and called service manager, "oh yeah these cars, they went to skip barber". (0751, 0752, 0755).
Are those auction prices low, absolutely, are they reflective of 1 owner low mileage trades, no. Not sure of what the buying dealers knew of their history? one owner did seem surprised when I caled him back. to tell them the history. Anybody think they'd disclose they were track cars?
What ***** for me is that I'm fighting with the insurance company on the total loss claim (3rd party wrecked it) and will these cars serve to set December values?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct and we were informed by an exec. at Chrysler about the SRT Driving Experience cars. They come with original notes stating they were used for driving/racing/school purposes, and that it must be disclosed. Once they go through one wholesaler's hands these forms seem to disappear. We declined any interest in the Driving Experience cars as we had had a chance to view quite a view of them. By the time you repaired the paint, the rims, replaced the tires, fixed scratches, and in many cases repaired seats, etc. there was no value in even contemplating a purchase. Most folks are sharp enough to realize that if the prices are super low there is a reason, and in this case , as you found out, these are well used school race cars or SRT Driving Experience cars --- both get pretty wrung out.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a ram srt from a dealer that was used as an auto show car.. they bought it at auction and disclosed it to me. perhaps they werea little more reputable than others