VCA rendezvous blows!This weekend

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure i'll get it for this one but tough cookies.I called Kim at the VCA office only to find out that I can't even watch my fellow VCA buds race their cars.My mistake, I can for a $250.fee.A few of us(VCA members) who can't make both days, would like to run our car's on friday for a reasonable fee,or just watch.Jeez,how terrible would it be for a few more cars to play at the drags.This is bad PR-Business period.And BS.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA membership is great! I get sent free viper products all the time, like a Borla exhaust and a Levin supercharger, and...wait a minute, I must be dreaming
smile.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you feel if you paid the entry fee, while others got comp time?

Why don't you organize an event and let everyone pay for what they choose or like to do?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as benefits, VCA members get:

Viper Magazine
VCA Notes
Regional Club Newsletters
Discount at Viper Days Events
Regional Events
This web-site
Membership cards
VCA event insurance
Access to Team Viper
Preferred treatment from Dodge

I guess hardly worth that enormous $100 fee?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Let's not forget VOI's and Zone rendezvous.

Getting back to the original post:

Each Zone Rendezvous was set up with all intentions of allowing access to as many participants that could be accomodated, AND, still stay within the guidelines of the host venue's regulations and agreements.

The Zone Rendezvous concept is in its' premier year, and most definitely still experiencing some "growing pains". The most significant is the unanimous projection by all involved on higher attendance than actually occurred. Rest assured we want EVERYONE to be able to attend their Zone event .... but

In some cases, we were able to allow members to pick and choose through a variety of options of attendance (1,2,3 day - banquet/no banquet,driver/spectator, etc), an incredible amount of administration, badge differentiation and well, lots of other related issues.

In other cases we were NOT able to have this variety, whether for reasons of administration, insurance, time, or host venue requirements.

We hope you'll understand, and realize that it is, and will continue to be, our focus to provide exciting Regional, Zone and National events that will allow all to participate and enjoy .... AND at price that will be considered an obvious value to all that attend.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
I'm sure i'll get it for this one but tough cookies......I can't even watch my fellow VCA buds race their cars......would like to run our car's on friday for a reasonable fee,or just watch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too fast is NOT asking to be "comped" ......he is asking to pay a reasonable fee for that day. he also seems to be asking to pay a fee to spectate for a day, (since his VCA -Paid insurance covers him while there !) Not unreasonable, but:

A more complete reply might have been - "The logistics is too difficult to offer an ala-carte menu at a VCA-Regional. Full-package attendees get catering, beverages etc., and differentiating car credentials alone would be a nightmare. So, it is "all-or-nothing." PLEASE come out, pay $250...proceeds go to your region and VCA, and THANK YOU!"

A great menu of VCA benefits was also listed. I agree 100%

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, it's Turan. Are You saying that since I can't get the entire day off from work on the 3rd & 4th. I have to pay $100 to cheer and support the VCA Club. That can't be right!
confused.gif
I could see if you are not have a VCA member, but for me to pay $100 for two 3 hour days just does not add up!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
How would you feel if you paid the entry fee, while others got comp time?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

p.s....Scott was asking to PAY, not be complimentary.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turon, The VCA purchased a number of slots from the Mopar Club for the drag race. If you want to get in to the drag race you need to call them. Rich might have the number at the meeting tonight?

I don't know if the track is a closed event or if they are allowing for spectators to be present. I do know that the Viper's that are registered will have a dedicated time to make as many passes as they would like. I think that if you register through the Mopar Club, that you will fall into the pool of hundreds of their members, with no Viper consideration.

You can pay less, but you will definitely get less. See why it may be worth it?

People have put a lot of work into the event to make sure that the paid entrants get the maximum fun.

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the IVCA meeting tonight:Great turnout 30 cars,Plus you can spectate this weekends races for $15.,not $250.(quoted by Kim at VCA headquarters.)I think friday's races are bumped to 1pm start.see ya'll
embarass.gif

Reaction score
You guys that complain need to get involved in planning a complex event with meals and track events, buses, etc. and then deal with the guys that only want to pay for lunch on one, only want to autocross, etc. Our (Western Zone) autocross venue was at an active Airport with restrictions from the Airport management regarding those attending the event. The Airport wanted only participants and staff. We had to provide 24 hour security that was to control access to our area. To be honest we did not have the controls in place that Airport management specified. We were not allowed spectators as the site insurance was specific.

You try to run an event and maximize the enjoyment for those people who made a commitment attend. Then at the last minute people think they should be able to select any portion of the event and pay accordingly. These events are put on by your fellow VCA members with a lot of help from some of those attending. When have any of you tried to do only do one day at a VOI, and only pay for the one day? In my opinion if you want to do the event pay the event fee period. If for some reason you have to skip a portion of the event that is your choice. If you buy a ticket to a race do you ask for a discount because you have to leave before the end of the race to go to work?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pony up the money and race for one day and watch the next, many times in your life you have thrown away money for nothing,I have been to these events and chose not to run the 2nd day so I could enjoy the action better and relax and talk to fellow owners. $100 dollars is probally only 1hour or 2 of work anyways, and dodge always puts on a first class event so it will be money well spent.

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
As far as benefits, VCA members get:

Viper Magazine
VCA Notes
Regional Club Newsletters
Discount at Viper Days Events
Regional Events
This web-site
Membership cards
VCA event insurance
Access to Team Viper
Preferred treatment from Dodge

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you spend lots of time at the track, many of those items are of little use. VM is cool, but real expensive for what you get. (kinda thin) Regional newsletters are a great benefit, IMHO. This web site is open to all comers. The membership card isn't even a good bookmark for my shop manual. Viper Days insurance & discounts- no good unless you spend time at the track. Team Viper- I am sure Tommy et. al. are great folks but not really something I see as a benefit, since I do not live at the track. "Preferred treatment from Dodge"- yeah right. Does that mean they break out the KY?

Another (cynical) viewpoint to ponder.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
So Tom, and others,

What do you think would be the BEST services/products the VCA could offer?

We're all ears.

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only been a VCA memeber for a short time, BUT, I think it is worth it for these reasons...

1) Viper Mag alone is $25/yr
2) VCA discounts from vendors has saved me over $300 alreday on "upgrades", anything from floormats to Smooth tubes.
3) Support of this discussion forum.

That's pretty good right there. If I can ever make it to a track event even just to watch it would be cool whip on top.
smile.gif

Ted

Reaction score
Skip Barber discounts:

25% on their 2 day school pays for 3 yrs of membership
10% on all other programs

Helmet city 10% discount. Buy a Helmet, shoes, and gloves = another year of membership paid.

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
What do you think would be the BEST services/products the VCA could offer?

We're all ears.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like other here, I have small kids. They are my first priority in life. That oftens means I must skip VCA activities, since they are rather children-unfriendly. Rotten shame, as I would love to spend more time at the track, and at other VCA events.

I will have to wait until the raffle is done before I can take my kids on any of the street drives. ;-)

VM is interesting to me, but very light weight. While it is nice to have all the regional news, like many, I only care to read what goes on in my region and surrounding areas. Most of that information is already in our regional newsletter. What interests me more is the tech articles and the special car features. I can never get enough articles showing what other people have done to their Vipers- it gives me ideas for my own machine. Give us technical details on the GST-R cars, a photo spread of custom paint jobs (flames, etc). A regular series of "track tips"- for drags, auto-x, and road racing. Dynos for Dummies. Technical details about tires...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the number one thing the VCA could offer would be those opions expressed by "members" or "nonmembers that want to members" not be deleted or moderated on the 'VCA' website if there are no personal attacks, no obscene language and etc.
Some ppl enjoy their cars for different reasons than other ppl enjoy their cars, plain and simple.
How many ppl here condone street racing, but yet light a cigarrett up, etc...

A Good club will have something for everyone. Even if it's expressing ones fun and opinions.

And also, warning buyers of potential problems with tuners, companies and individuals regarding $ spent on your viper. And those posts not being moderated or locked as in the past.

I totally agree with Tom Friend on the subject of VCA benefits:

Just my thoughts and no flames intended..

Respectfully,
Gerald

Reaction score
The VCA is you! Anyone in our region who wants to take responsibility for an event can suggest it and put is on the event (providing it is legal, etc) calender. Regarding children, our Zone event was organized to be child friendly (my son is Two). Go to our web page, we have a pretty busy schedule with a variety of activities. We are always open to new ideas to allow members to enhance their Viper ownership experience.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is with all the complaining? I spent all kinds of money last year at St. Louis and at first thought it was very expensive. Know what? Maybe it was. But I had a great time and an extra couple of hundred one way or the other was worth me having a good time. We own 50-60-70-80-100 thousand dollar cars and we are complaining about a couple of hundred? Didn't anyone ever spend a little extra money when they really didn't want to? Give me a break. If a couple of hundred is going to break anyone who owns a Viper at this stage of the game, you shouldn't have the car because you can't afford it, and I'm not Mr. money bags, but I do keep things in perspective.

Andrew

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA events child unfriendly??? I hardly think so. My children now 7 & 6 have done all the VCA events and i have never run into anyone who thought my children should not be there. My kids have as much fun as everyone else.

Track events??? Although i no longer race a viper (i have moved to World Challange Neons) my kids are the origional TRACK RATS, just ask anyone. They have been all over the united states meeting Viper Owners just like you, and never has an unkind word been spoken to or about them.

The VCA is what you want it to be, Get involved be part of the Viper Community.

frank barba

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HEMIDAYTNA:
VCA events child unfriendly??? I hardly think so. My children now 7 & 6 have done all the VCA events and i have never run into anyone who thought my children should not be there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was an entertaining heated discussion prior to VOI6 which kids were not included. Frank, who would ever tell somebody to their face that their kids should not be somewhere, be it a car event, a bar, or otherwise? It's not PC to do so.

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOOFST:
"Plus you can spectate this weekends races for $15.,not $250.(quoted by Kim at VCA headquarters.)"

Cool! I think I may attend as a spectator. I want to put at least 1,000 miles on my car before I drag.

I was going to go to the event on Thurs Aug. 2, 2001 @ Uno's in Schaumburg, but it rained. No luck this week for attending local events so I would like to go to the track this weekend.

TOOOFST, What day/time are you going to Route 66?

TOOOFST, Is it pay in advance/or at the door?

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred Kinder hit it on the nose. Try and plan a major VCA event and deal with all aspects of properly setting one up. The fee charged to members is nominal when compared with any other club event you attend. Some appreciation is due all of us who as officers of the VCA work for you as a member. I also notice some non VCA members posting on this subject. Join the club and participate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte