Vegas Dyno - 06 Z06 vs 05 Viper

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night I went down to Leading Edge Performance courtesy of Bridges Performance Dyno (until LEP gets their own put in) for a baseline run and guess what was in front of me - a new Z06 barely broken in. We both had a couple of runs: He got 450 hp andf 425 ft-lbs. I got 430 hp and 475 ft lbs. I have 4500 miles on the clock. These were done in 4th gear. I think his mph readout was 143 mph and mine was 151 mph. It was fun but I think I need a little more horsepower! Both cars were completely stock. :usa:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You missed our Nevada Region dyno day that Garth set up. You could have dyno'ed your car with your fellow Viper owners!

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night I went down to Leading Edge Performance courtesy of Bridges Performance Dyno (until LEP gets their own put in) for a baseline run and guess what was in front of me - a new Z06 barely broken in. We both had a couple of runs: He got 450 hp andf 425 ft-lbs. I got 430 hp and 475 ft lbs. I have 4500 miles on the clock. These were done in 4th gear. I think his mph readout was 143 mph and mine was 151 mph. It was fun but I think I need a little more horsepower! Both cars were completely stock. :usa:

While I believe you as do the owners here who own both, many here probably won't. It is the belief of many that it isn't humanly possible for a Corvette to dyno more than a Viper stock. You clearly missed the Z06 owner paying off the shop to fabricate his dyno numbers. The C6 Z06's really dyno in the low 300RWHP range and run low 13's before paying off the magazines.

Enough of the sarcasm, a couple mods and you'll have nothing to worry about. :2tu:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious as to how Dodge managed to get the viper 8.3 to certify at 510hp vs the ls7's 505hp if the z06's are consistantly beating the srt's by about 10 hp at the same dyno's.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Variation could be at play. Mine dynoed mid 440's, which is on par with what I see for the Z06. The other factor is rotating mass, which impacts the measurement when done on a Dynojet or similar dyno. The Viper wheels and tires and brake rotors are HEAVY and have a negative impact on measured horsepower on the inertial dynos.

Note that high inertia affects the performance on the street as well so consider a real impediment to the Viper performance.

JimmyCrackcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious as to how Dodge managed to get the viper 8.3 to certify at 510hp vs the ls7's 505hp if the z06's are consistantly beating the srt's by about 10 hp at the same dyno's.

Its called compression.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the Z06 also benefits from the higher 7K readline ... can stay in gear longer / less shifting, when running on the street ... but the Viper motor has so much upside potential, whereas that 427 is closer to being maxed out

OP
OP
V

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMan,

I was very aware of the Dyno Day and wanted to be there but I was out teaching motorcycle riding and couldn't be there; so I had to do it on my own at a higher cost. I enjoyed seeing the Z06 dyno just before mine.

All others,

Note, the Viper had quite a bit more torque.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMan,

I was very aware of the Dyno Day and wanted to be there but I was out teaching motorcycle riding and couldn't be there; so I had to do it on my own at a higher cost. I enjoyed seeing the Z06 dyno just before mine.

Sorry you couldn't make it out. It would have been nice to have another stock SRT-10 dyno with us to compare to the other. You're on our region email list, right? If not, let me know and I'll make sure you get added. We've got some pretty good events coming up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang