Venom 800 Twin Turbo: 693 rw hp @ 5 psi

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats, JPH......another "Cover Girl" for sure.
Viper owners benefit, and Dodge/ D-C could not fund the value of the exposure you have brought to the brand.

Venom "800" question"

5 PSI = 693 RWHP. ( Est ~785 BHP ?? )
Does 6 psi = 800 BHP ?

Is there any "overtake" boost button (with an irreverant MGW knob on it perhaps?!?) Those here may not know you were "Turbo Boy" in pre-Viper days. I know I was an HMS Dodge Conquest TSI / Stealth TT customer way back... Maybe even your first VCA-er customer '89-'90?

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!WENT FOR A RIDE WITH JOHN HENNESSY IN THE VENOM 800 TWIN TURBO TODAY.EXCELLANT STREET COMPATABILITY WHEN THE TWIN TURBOS SPOOL ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!MY BEST COMPARISION TO THIS BABY IS SHES A PERFECT LADY DURING THE DAY AND ##### IN BED AT NIGHT.SORRY FOR THE MALE GENDER ANALOGY HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND ANYONE.THERE U HAVE IT!CONGRADULATIONS TO JOHN HENNESSY AND HIS STAFF ON MAKING HISTORY IN THE AUTOMOBILE PERFORMANCE WORLD ONCE AGAIN.OH YA JOHN...... U GOT GOT A REBEL YELL!BEST REGARDS...NORM KOERNER

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a RIDE!!!!!! I received a phone call this afternoon from John telling me to “come by…..I have something I want to take you for a ride in”. Norm you described it correctly, what a split personality! The car felt very stock cruising around in low Rpm’s but once the Psi kicked in SMOOTH POWER at the way up to 140 MPH ( We ran out or road). It also sounded like no other viper I had heard. John, You should make a ride out of it and start charging for spin’s ……..Nice Job!
Prashant

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, I can't wait till Motor Trend or someone gets ahold of that car for testing against a Lingenfelter 650! I love the color of your Viper, I think that is one of the most classy yet sporty colors I've seen. Congrats on the superb dyno run as well! Can't wait till you crank the boost to about 8 psi and go run some 9's.
You must be registered for see images
If you don't mind me asking, how are the PT Crusher and the V-10 Durango concepts coming? I'm really excited to see those developed! Good luck with everything and best regards to you.

Clint

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... and every tongue shall confess that this is the fasted car on the planet. Long live the Hennessey Team!!!

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave...yes it is possible for a dyno to spike, and for many reasons. In fact, I could have changed the smoothing of the signal for this pull and you could have seen spikes to 713 on HP. A chassis dyno has two inputs, the ignition profile ( a typical inductive clamp like you would find on a timing light) and the rate of acceleration of the drums (the mass of which is constant..hence the term inertia dyno...the load being the inertia found in the rotating mass). Thus by manipulating the rate of acceleration or the ignition profile, we can significantly alter said calcualtions. In actuality, the numbers presented here are conservative...and are a product of extreme slippage between the tire and roller surface.

I am not a big fan of corrected numbers for this reason....the actual numbers represent what will be seen at the temp and baro range of the test. Why can't we compare actual numbers? I just have to supply you with the temp and baro for the test and then you can compare all you want. My car makes a consistent 686/718 at 77 deg F and 30.04....what does yours make? This car would pick up dramatically on a 40 deg day with a better baro...and thats exactly what I would see at the track...and accordingly my setup would change. If I go off of corrected numbers, I am assuming that the car will always be operated in a "vacuum" that is far from the real world...and if you live more than 500 above sea level and want to drag race...MOVE...j/k.

I appreciate the interest in the whys and hows, hopefully this answers some of the questions that you posed. And if a live axle, big motor Chevelle in NY can't spin the tires on the rollers....you guys make a visit to Houston and you can see the reality first hand. Remember...tire growth (non-linear from side to side) and an IRS make for a hairy ride when that turbo TQ spike hits.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MR.IEATVETTS,F.Y.I. IM HERE TO TELL U THAT TWIN TURBOS DO BREAK LOOSE ON THE DYNOS AND SPIN THE REAR WHEELS.I PESONALLY WITNESSED THE REAR WHEELS BREAK LOOSE AND SPIN ON MY 1995 ZR1 LINGENFELTER CORVETTE TWIN TURBO WHILE OBSERVING THE DIAL IN TUNING PROCESS AT LPE IN DECATUR INDIANA.IF U WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS FIRST HAND COME ON DOWN TO HOUSTON AND U CAN WATCH.BEST REGARDS!NORM KOERNER

2001 YUKON XL 8.1
2001 CORVETTE AERO BODY LINGENFELTER 650 T.T.
2000 VIPER GTS HENNESSY 650/T.T.800
1999 VIPER RT HENNESSY VENOM 700 S.N.1
1997 MERCEDES S600 V 12 RENNTECH 7.4 LITER
1995 CORVETTE ZR1 LINGENFELTER TT S.N.3
1999 RANGE ROVER CALLAWAY
1998 MERCEDES SL600 WITH K AND N AIR FILTER
2001 PT CRUISER
427 LS7 SERCRET PROJECT CAR
1997 LINCOLN TOWN CAR TOUGH GUY CAR
1975 YAMAHA 250 DIRT BIKE

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add up the cubic inches and HP that Norm "Snake Eyes" has in his signature. That has to be about as impressive a collection as I've seen. Where are the pictures of the complete stable, and where do you park them all!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

What size turbos are you running? What's the A/R? Looks to me like they're spooling up so fast from low inertia components that traction could be a major problem. Maybe a lazier boost curve would keep it hooked up better and make the powerband more driver- and dyno-friendly.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, i am new here. great numbers but just wanted to ask about the SVSi twin turbo viper, doesnt that make more power then the Venom 800?
does anyone here have one? or is there only that red/white and blue one?

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SVS car is vaporware....and I am sick of hearing about it and having the 800 compared to it. I invite SVS to drag all the pieces of the Stryker out from the dumpster, brush the remaining fire suppression dust from them, assemble the car... and saddle up for an *** -beating of TITANIC proportions. Later...

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Having the 800 compared to it"
?? What else would you compare a twin turbo viper to? Another twin turbo i would think, DUHH!!

MAN, you need to get out more, take it easy
. I love the Venom and think its a great car. but i can still ask about other cars, I would hope.
If your so sure about the Venom 800 being able to beat the SVSi car, then mentioning SVSi should not upset/piss you off like that. They are two good companies in my opinion that are making fast cars.

Besides, all motor "no power adder", LINGENFELTER kicked/beat everyone’s ASSES. VENOM, TNT and SVSi. and his kit cost less them most. Put an SVSi blower on that engine, then we will see. "Might have to lower compression a bit"

Besides, If you wana talk fast, have you seen the 924hp "small block" twin turbo ULTIMA GTR. "100 more hp and 1200lb lighter then the VENOM 800". can you say 0-60 in 2.4 seconds.
Later.....

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MASH...I get upset because the comparison cheapens our effort. We worked very hard to make a durable piece that could run the number REPEATEDLY. In case you were wondering, I do work at HMS. I have made 105 dyno pulls on the 800 and the power just keeps coming....so, I don't give a **** about Lingenfelter, SVS, TNT, or any of the other tuners "MOTOR" cars if we are trying to compare those as well.

If you want to compare MOTOR cars, here is the only fact....Norm Koerner's 700R (also featured with the 800 in MT) has gone 10.47 in 650 trim. In 700 trim, the car will put down a better number than LPEs 54X motor any day of the week. SOOOOOO, bottom line your comparisons are WHACK.

The Ultima GTR won't run with the 800TT in pump gas mode....much less if we turn the wick up....which will occur very soon...details to follow.

This wasn't meant as a flamejob on you....I have just heard the SVS "comparison" too many times in the last 3-4 weeks. There is no comparison.....SVS has a fireball looking for a place to land and we have a running, driving, *** -kicking car that doesn't spontaneously combust. Later.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timeslips on Norm's car are ancient history...it went 10.47 with SW driving the car last year. The new and improved version went 108 in the 1/8 th yesterday....so you tell me what it will run???? Unfortunately, like many others, we made too much power for the drivetrain and broke a diff.

As for the turbo car, MPH is what matters....it went 10.2 with a best trap of 141....not bad considering the condition of the air. The car can run a 9.7 with the short times and MPH that we saw yesterday....just have to find a way to get out of the hole.

Funny thing, team CXI wasn't very well represented at the event yesterday...unless you count all the Vipers that came with the 100 HP sticker package....and the F-bodies that didn't make any passes. I figured that Phil would want some revenge for the *** beating he took at the hands of Darth Vetter's Z06 on the beltway a few months back. It looks like the repairs on the car turned out nicely though.

Anyway, when you guys put some power underneath those cool looking stickers....give us a call and we can arrange a shootout of some type. See ya....

Kyle Kaupert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team CXI,

The Venom 650R that the "Radial King" ran an 11.89 @ 122 mph happens to belong to me. In all fairness, he made three passes in my car, and none of his passes were picture perfect. His best E.T. in my car was 11.76 @ 106 mph, which would have been better had he not missed fourth gear. Furthermore, comparing my car to Norm's Venom 700 (the one that ran 10.47) is a real stretch. That car is set up to drag race; it has 3.54 gears in the rear end, runs on slicks and skinnies, and does not have any excess weight on it. My car, on the other hand, is driven daily, has the stock 3.07 gears, the spare tire and jack, and a lot of stereo equipment in it. It also has a rear wing on it, which I happen to like for aesthetic reasons, but which probably makes it a tenth or so slower in the quarter mile. I'm not making excuses or trying to flame, but before you say that the car isn't producing the power claimed of it, please take all the facts into consideration. That having been said, my best run in it was 12.09 @ 121, which means that I need a lot of practice at the dragstrip.

P.S. It was nice to meet you all at the track on Sunday.

Kyle