Venom aerobumper facia info choices

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at changing the look of my 97 GTS. I like the look of the Henn*** Venom bumper, aerobumper, whatever you want to call it. Jonny's not making them anymore, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a nice alternative. The autoform splitter is interesting, but I haven't found one that looks "clean" like the venom aero bumper.

I'll probably be adding side splitters and a GTSR wing at some point as well.

Any suggestions?

thanks
greg

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the JH aero kits were made over here, i know the viper guy who brought the moulds when the original company producing folded, though not sure if he still has them

OP
OP
O

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil,
do you have any contact info on Rawlson. I couldn't find anything on the internet.

thanks

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn, Greg...nice garage!

You should just call John up...I'm sure if there is a customer car in the shop with the kit he'll just pull it off of there and sell it to you :D

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil,
do you have any contact info on Rawlson. I couldn't find anything on the internet.

thanks

you wont, they were the company that used to produce all the hennessey stuff but they folded up several years ago. Like i mentioned another UK viper guy managed to obtain the original moulds

id did get a nice JH RT/10 roof and glass windows out of them just in the nick of time

OP
OP
O

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have called John H. He's all out. I also called JonB and Vipercarparts for possible used ones without any luck. I didn't think these bumpers would be so tough to find...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
think youll find they are pretty scarce, they havent been made for a long time

you could try Nadine, she fitted a new one on her 9 second GTS last summer for a track event

You must be registered for see images

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the big Elise is supposed to be at Goodwood FOS Baz, it was spotted at Bruntingthrope last week for some testing

OP
OP
O

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,
any pics of the daytona front end? I can't find anything on autoform's website on that one.
Their splitter is "OK", but not great. I think the splitter is too wide up front and doesn't match the rest of the car. I understand how the sides generate extra downforce, but I'm not real keen on that look. Maybe there's an earlier version that's more narrow?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of the Washington Club guys (think it was Clint C-note?) had a nose that he felt was too long and was looking to trade straight across for a stocker nose. Was VOI 11 and things might have changed, but try the Washington Regional forums. It doesn't hurt to ask?

Ted

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A year or so a guy in St. Petersburg Florida had a new one for sale on EBAY. He had a starting bid of $1600.00 on it but I don't think it ever sold (local pick-up only so that limited the potential market). Never did find out who it was that had it. I wanted to swing by just to take a peek since it was "new" and still in primer. I have to assume someone on the forum knows who that was..and I'm sure still for sale.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the Elite mold 2 weeks ago.... Its in PA, outside and in rain.
and the answer is no. He will not make front facias with this mold.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a Hobbyist should buy that and sell the cover to us/the world?

Ted